News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

English version of Mondvor website

I don't know if it has to be kept as a secret or not, but I would like to take some time to thank our friend Andriy who started to make English translations of the Mondvor website. Andriy Kuznetsov and Igor Pak have made a lot for the collecting community by creating THE reference website for Soviet phalerists by creating the wonderful site http://mondvor.narod.ru/

I am very happy that this guy is part of our small community at GMIC and I wanted to say a big thank you for taking some of his free time to translate his website in English. I think this will help a lot the non-Russian speakers or other that try hard to learn it, but still have difficulty to read articles in Russian.

You will find 2 first articles that have now been translated. THE ORDER OF FRIENDSHIP OF PEOPLES and THE ORDER OF SERVICE TO THE MOTHERLAND IN THE ARMED FORCES OF THE USSR.

I think we should do a collect for Andriy, so he could take some days off at his job to translate more articles. :rolleyes::D

http://mondvor.topcities.com/

:beer:

• Replies 51
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bryan,

Fantastic !!!! :jumping::jumping::jumping::jumping::jumping::jumping::jumping::jumping: .... (and many more....).

Thanks to you for bringing this to us. I did even not know that this english version existed. And the speed is far faster than the russian version (maybe because it is still l"ight" as many awards have not been "translated" yet. It will be far more easier for us to consult this excellent site, than presently with the filter of online translators.

A GREAT GREAT thanks to Mondvor (Andrew) for his site and this new initiative!!! :beer:

You made my day today :D .

Cheers.

Ch.

Thanks for visiting it, gentlemen. Besides "Friendship of Nations" and "Service to Motherland in Armed Forces" one more page was completed - the page about HSU and "Gold Star" medal. I hope you will enjoy it.

And many thanks to James Zammit who helped me a lot with the translation.

Guest Darrell

Thanks for visiting it, gentlemen. Besides "Friendship of Nations" and "Service to Motherland in Armed Forces" one more page was completed - the page about HSU and "Gold Star" medal. I hope you will enjoy it.

Excellent. Never saw those pages done :cheers:

I actually just did take some long time of my job but it really does not help speed up things!! :rolleyes: With another hundred and one things to do nevertheless, the army only goes as fast as its slowest soldier. Suvorov and Khmelnitsky in the pipeline.......

Andrei - Bolshoye spasibo! Myedlenno no vyerno u nas vsye poluchitsya!!!

Jim :cheers:

I actually just did take some long time of my job but it really does not help speed up things!! :rolleyes: With another hundred and one things to do nevertheless, the army only goes as fast as its slowest soldier. Suvorov and Khmelnitsky in the pipeline.......

Andrei - Bolshoye spasibo! Myedlenno no vyerno u nas vsye poluchitsya!!!

Jim :cheers:

:beer:

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Andrew,

many thanks for your additions :beer: .

Your (English) website works now at least 20times faster :D .

Andrew, the last 2 items of the Suvorov 2cl at the bottom of your 1st page look a bit strange to me - the scans are also not of the usual high quality :unsure: .

The fact, that some other similar orders exist, is not THE proof, that they are NO fakes - my humble opinion.

I assume, that our forgers in Eastern Europe produce small series of their copies. So we might find some rather ident items by the time in collection and at the market.

Andrew, are there any scientific arguements, why these two examples should be authentic & original Suvorov 2cl :unsure: ?

Many thanks for your advice :beer: .

Best regards

Christian

Dear Andrew,

many thanks for your additions :beer: .

Your (English) website works now at least 20times faster :D .

Andrew, the last 2 items of the Suvorov 2cl at the bottom of your 1st page look a bit strange to me - the scans are also not of the usual high quality :unsure: .

The fact, that some other similar orders exist, is not THE proof, that they are NO fakes - my humble opinion.

I assume, that our forgers in Eastern Europe produce small series of their copies. So we might find some rather ident items by the time in collection and at the market.

Andrew, are there any scientific arguements, why these two examples should be authentic & original Suvorov 2cl :unsure: ?

Many thanks for your advice :beer: .

Best regards

Christian

Christian,

First of all, there are no fakes presented on our web site. If you find some unusually looking items it only means that you did not observe enough similar specimens. Not just myself, but several other experienced collectors from former USSR make a decision about the authenticity of the order before placing it on the website.

I do not understand your position. If you are trying to say that those orders are fakes and you are doing it in front of many forum members - it is a very serious accusation. I have no idea who you are and what level of experience with Suvorovs do you have. Maybe you are more skilled than many well-known Russian collectors?

Anyway, if you want to continue, I can present my arguments about their authenticity and then I will accept your public apologies in front of other forum members.

Edited by Mondvor

Please, everyone. Let us strive to play well with others. Asking questions politely and respectfully and answering them in the same tone should be the trademark of this forum. We are not like other fora, where nastiness seems to be valued. We need to be sensitive that language problems may get in the way, as not all here are native speakers of English, but we should still always try to live up to out forum name: Gentleman.

Please.

Some problems in communication :rolleyes:

Dear Ed,

many thanks for your wise words :beer: .

Neither Andrew, nor myself are English native speakers ;) .

Christian,

First of all, there are no fakes presented on our web site. If you find some unusually looking items it only means that you did not observe enough similar specimens. Not just myself, but several other experienced collectors from former USSR make a decision about the authenticity of the order before placing it on the website.

I do not understand your position. If you are trying to say that those orders are fakes and you are doing it in front of many forum members - it is a very serious accusation. I have no idea who you are and what level of experience with Suvorovs do you have. Maybe you are more skilled than many well-known Russian collectors?

Anyway, if you want to continue, I can present my arguments about their authenticity and then I will accept your public apologies in front of other forum members.

Dear Andrew,

due to your rather "extreme" reaction, I can only assume, that you did not understand the content of my message - sorry, I can not write it in Russian language :( .

I did not write, that you are collaborating with those forgers in the Baltics, by presenting their copies at your website :mad: .

My argument - as a user of your excellent website - had been, that these 2 Suvorovs 2cl look rather queer for 99 % of the collectors and your statement, that some other similar items exist, is not THE argument for their authenticy AND your scans are not of the usual quality, we know from your website.

I only asked for some phaleristic and scientific arguments, why the collectors community should believe, that these odd looking Suvorovs 2cl have to be genuine & authentic :D .

O.K., I myself belief, that all items presented at your MONDVOR-website are 100 % genuine & authentic, no doubt about that. MONDVOR is the top website about Soviet Awards and exactly for that reason the collectors community might expect some scientific arguments.

Andrew, you don't run a simple dealer's-website, where it is sufficient, to state: Order is authentic due to the expertise of Andrew or of a PMD-certificate. You are running THE top website with a non-commercial content.

So, if you tell us, that this order is authentic, because I tell it or PMD tells it - BTW: As we know, PMD has made mistakes in the past ;) -, that is neither scientific, nor very polite.

I have the position towards you as an ordinary collector of Soviet Awards, who wants to know the "how & why".

Maybe you have understood my message now and don't feel, that I have done "a very serious accusation in front of many forum members" - that's rubbish, why should I accuse you :speechless: .

Best regards :beer:

Christian

Edited by Christian Zulus

Please, everyone. Let us strive to play well with others. Asking questions politely and respectfully and answering them in the same tone should be the trademark of this forum. We are not like other fora, where nastiness seems to be valued. We need to be sensitive that language problems may get in the way, as not all here are native speakers of English, but we should still always try to live up to out forum name: Gentleman.

Please.

Ed,

Well said, specifically as this involves two highly valued and respectable Members (Gentlemen) of this Forum.

I'm sure this misunderstanding will be cleared and solved easily... between Gentlemen. :beer:

Cheers.

Ch.