News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hungarian Kivalo Dolgozol Badges

cimbineus,

These are great badges. I haven't seen the first three before. I would love to own a set like that.

On another note. How is is your book coming along?

Regards,

Gordon

I agree with you, Gordon. These are extremely rare badges, especially the first and the last ones.

As far as the book is concerned, I have to admit that the work came to halt. Other things got in front of the book writing temporarily, but I will continue soon.

Regards,

cimbineus

Gordon,

Let me give you a peek. Just for you... :rolleyes: (This is the recent and not necessarily the final design of the book-cover.)

konyv-cimlap-keret_g_www.kepfeltoltes.hu

(Civilian Honorary Titles and Distinction Badges, 1946-1990)

Regards,

cimbineus

Found an agricultural set the other day... no box (damn), just the badges. I'm thinking this is a mismatched set as I would suspect that the miniature would show more wear than the full-sized badge. Here, the mini looks brand new while the full sized badge is showing it's age.

Gordon,

Let me give you a peek. Just for you... :rolleyes: (This is the recent and not necessarily the final design of the book-cover.)

konyv-cimlap-keret_g_www.kepfeltoltes.hu

(Civilian Honorary Titles and Distinction Badges, 1946-1990)

Regards,

cimbineus

cimbineus,

Nice looking cover. Please make there is a copy for me.

Regards,

Gordon

• 2 weeks later...

Gents,

This is the very last version of the "plain" "KIVALO DOLGOZO" badge. It existed just for some months in 1989, right before the changes.

814952053kiv-dolg-utolso_www.kepfeltolte

Edited by cimbineus

• 3 weeks later...
    • 2 weeks later...

Gents,

This is another relatively scarce "KIVALO" badge. "KOZERGEPIPAR" stands for "MEDIUM MACHINE INDUSTRY" whatever "medium" means. (Definitely not "heavy" but not "light" either... :D)

Regards,

cimbineus

kozepgepiparkivdolgg.jpg

Edited by cimbineus

• 2 weeks later...

A few recent additions to share... first, an A Kisipari Szövetkezet Kiváló Dolgozója (Excellent Worker of the Craftmen's Cooperative) from 1954 badge. A couple of interesting notes to this badge; the white background is on a separate piece of the same diameter that is "sandwiched" with the top piece, adding depth and dimension. Also, the safety pin mechanism is an interesting "opposing tension" type that is nearly identical to the pin set-up on the very last types of DDR awards given prior to 1989. Quite advanced.

Edited by Greg Collins

• 3 weeks later...
    • 2 weeks later...

I believe this will fit here... the Stalin Iron Works (now Danube Iron Works) in Dunapentele were built between 1950-54. The Minister of Smelter and Machine Industry founded the medal in 1951 to award those who distinguished themselves in the construction works. The 1st class (silver) could be awarded after 2 years of work and the 2nd class (bronze) after 1 year. The hanger on this example reads Metallurgy Minister.