News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hungarian Kivalo Dolgozol Badges

• 2 weeks later...

About four months ago I was at the show and a guy showed up at one of the tables and produced a binder with a board of these. Types that I had never seen nor knew existed. Almost all of these had a larger banner, enameled wreaths, etc... My mouth watered (and so did others who saw them!) When I asked if any were for sale - he :lol: ed, since then I have only found this one at the coin show. They do not come up often, and till Zsolt can shed more light on them, I cant add anything!

Well - yes the star is the plastic type, but it was made without the loops (no scars of one being shaved off) When I looked at the other collectors collection there were silver metal and plastic types.

• 2 months later...

Here is a fairly common award with the Kadar Crest, but not seen too often with the Rakosi crest. This is "State Agricultural Excelent Worker" (i.e. collective farm) badge. I like to call these the 'sunshine on a stick' ;) badges as the badge has the representation of a sun with the shafts of wheat growing into a wreath around the national crest. Its actually quite a heavy badge.

• 1 month later...

Hoping these fit here (photos and awards courtesy of Zsolt):

Dan,

Unfortunately, although this is a very nice set of cased badges, these do not really fit in with the Kivalo Dolgozo thread. They would do better in the Tozsgarda thread as that is what they are. Badges for long service with a specific firm. Although I have lots of Torzsgarda pins I don't have a cased set yet. Thanks for posting the pictures. Good reference material.

Regards,

Gordon

Dan,

Unfortunately, although this is a very nice set of cased badges, these do not really fit in with the Kivalo Dolgozo thread. They would do better in the Tozsgarda thread as that is what they are. Badges for long service with a specific firm. Although I have lots of Torzsgarda pins I don't have a cased set yet. Thanks for posting the pictures. Good reference material.

Regards,

Gordon

Hi Gordon,

Was kind of afraid of that. Please feel free to move them over. :beer:

Mucho thanks!

Dan :cheers:

Hi,

I do have some with cases and with the docs plus quite a few different types numbered and unumbered. Just have to get this scanner to work or replace it. Thanks for the info. I bought alot of these over the years and still don't know much about them. has anyone put together a book on these yet?

Bryan

Verdun16,

There was a book publish a few years ago on Kivalo Dolgozo badges. I belieeve it was done in conjunction with the National Museum but don't quote me on that. Charles and I saw a copy of this book when we visited the curator of medals at the National Muesum last spring. We have been hunting for a copy ever since without any success. Charles has done an article on Kivalo Dolgozo badges in the OMSA Journal but that is all the info on print on these badges that I am aware of. Excluding of course, the information published on this forum.

Regards,

Gordon

• 1 month later...

well, I got a new one today-it doesn't scan well, so no picture I'm afraid. But it's a dead ringer for the one one the far right in post # 141 and has: AZ Ipari Szovetkeze, Kivalo Dolgozoja" on it so I think its some sort of Youth excellent worker?

That would be a varaint - sort of.... The badge you have is for 'Excellent Work in the Industrial Cooperative'. The one Zsolt showed was the 'Excellent Work in the Craftsman Cooperative'.

Apparently this was instituted on Novemebr 1st, 1957. Hot enamel would probably indicate an award from the late 1950's early 1960's on this one.

• 1 month later...