News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Commanders course badge ?

Hello gents,

any closer thoughts to this badge. I was not able to find this badge in any

of my reference books.

I think it is a kind of red commanders course badge close after civil war,

or a graduate badge of a military school.

But which school?

I think we can exclude agriculture. tongue.gif

best regards

Andreas

Guest Rick Research

It certainly looks like a civil war command level badge. I can't find one with "RSFSR" on it either.

Don't have a CLUE if this is good, bad, 1967 jubilee... before the late 1930s I have never seen/handled anything.

The post-Soviet forces have come out with similar badges, but they are in CRAPPY base metal, slopped together castings, and nothing like the obvious quality (individually applied leaves!!!!!! ohmy.gif ) of this one.

What look like some sort of silver jeweller's marks

[attachmentid=6250]

may be a clue, but I have ZERO knowledge of ANYTHING this far back.

Hello Rick,

there are 3 mint marks at the bottom part of the badge.

The left one are two letter "DO", the right one is a "women head 84" and the mark at the top I can?t really see clear what it is.

I think the "women head 84" is a silver mint mark, used from moscow mint before 1927. Same mark as the attached picture.

The "signs" at the srew looks like letters.

best regards

Andreas

Here is another badge,

same quality as the badge before. But no mint marks on the badge.

Looks like a variation of the Red Army breast badge for soldier or officers.

It was introduced by the RRMC (Republics Revolutionary Military Council) to emphasize the menbersjip in the Red Army, because the were a diversity of troops uniforms in the Red Army.

Edited by Alfred

Guest Rick Research

jumping.gif Funny they kept on using the old IMPERIAL marking system, but a jumping.gif sign this is a GREAT piece, I think.

The other mark looks like Cyrillic letters "S O B" for whoever the maker was.

God knows what such a thing is "worth." How can something be "priced" when there is nothing to COMPARE it to?

I think you have got an "EXTREME TREASURE" here!!!! love.giflove.giflove.gif

We won't ask you how much it cost. cool.gif Because I don't think that matters. It is a stunning, unique piece. Breathtaking.

• 2 weeks later...

From a member of another forum I got an answer to post 1:

Hello Andreas!!!

It is a badge a version of the red commander.

Was many types of this badge.The army could not provide all with it badge. Therefore many commanders personally ordered this badge in workshops. They asked to add the jeweller any element. The rules was not.Existed badges with artillery guns. Such badge too were ordered personally. Were made either in bronze or in silver.

• 3 weeks later...