News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order of Lenin #16963

Afternoon Gents,

I have picked up a few extra things for the collection over recent months, and thought I'd share some of the more interesting and research-worthy here. From looking at the 'Red Bible', I think this is a type Type 5, Variation 1 example, no 16963. You can see in the pic's that someone has tried to erase the number, but it's still visible. The number is reasonably low, so hopefully research will yield an interesting story.

Cheers

Gilbert

I know that one. When i saw it, i also thought, that it has a great citation, if its not one of those war-effort Lenins. I?d give it a shot and submit it for research. You can?t loose, i guess. Number should be around Begin to Mid 1944. Paul Schmitt lists a lot of HSU?s in the numberrange between ~15.500 to ~17.000.

Gerd

Guest Rick Research

Yeah, I'd say late summer or autumn of 1944, seems to be JUST a bit under for the first mass long service awards in February 1945. Fingers crossed for a military and not civilian one! :beer:

Because only then Gilbert will get a result, as the civil Lenins are not in the Military Archives.

Gerd

No, but they can sometime, eventually, be traced anyway, even without the booklet.

Edited by Ed_Haynes

No, but they can sometime, eventually, be traced anyway, even without the booklet.

Well, thats new to me, as far as i knew, only documented Labor-awards are traceable with a bit luck. But of course a Lenin is a high award, so there were MAYBE other archives of Lenin-holders, which we don?t know about.

Well, thats new to me, as far as i knew, only documented Labor-awards are traceable with a bit luck. But of course a Lenin is a high award, so there were MAYBE other archives of Lenin-holders, which we don?t know about.

Not yet, but some say "soon".

We can hope. Anything numbered has records.

:cheers: