News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order of Red Star #68121

Hi All,

I picked this up a few days ago. It's 'just' a Red Star, but is way below any other numbers I have up til now. From the excellent resources on this site, I think the number places it in early 1943, so perhaps research will show that the recipient saw some action.

Cheers

Gilbert

And a shot of the reverse. Mcdaniel and Schmitt have this down as a Type 2, early Monetny Dvor with a screwpost base, if I have read the signs correctly. The thread on the screwpost seems to have been deliberately stripped and 'waisted', perhaps by the recipient to stop it coming off with wear?

G

Guest Rick Research

:love: My favorite type of Red Star! I agree with Gerd-- this is most likely an October-November 1942 one and ANYTHING pre-relief of Stalingrad is likely to have a citation much better than later ones.

As far as I can see, the number is 98.XXX. So it is a 1943 award. It was issued sometime between December 1942 and March 1943, but bestowed to the cavalier in the period from February to May 1943. Well, make a research and you will find out the truth :D

Edited by Mondvor