News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Medal for Valor During a Fire

This one is real ?

Again - with that glare and reflection its hard to look at details. What I would say is that the fact the the medal is mounted back to front already means that it has been tampered with..... Yeah...maybe it just came off...... medals do that sometimes no..... :rolleyes:

I know there was a time when there were a few way back selling on Ebay and always mounted back to front. I hope this is not what of them because those were fake!

I do not like it - But without better pics I would again not rush to make a call either way!

Jim

Again - with that glare and reflection its hard to look at details. What I would say is that the fact the the medal is mounted back to front already means that it has been tampered with..... Yeah...maybe it just came off...... medals do that sometimes no..... :rolleyes:

I know there was a time when there were a few way back selling on Ebay and always mounted back to front. I hope this is not what of them because those were fake!

I do not like it - But without better pics I would again not rush to make a call either way!

Jim

Jim,

This was the best i could do, these are realy difficult to photograph as they reflect all the light :banger:

Order of Victory

Hi OoV,

I have tried to compare the medal to my books as well as online references and although the shine still does not allow for a proper comparison, I think I can safely pick on the hammer and sickle. I am attaching part of my comparison whereby I have compared the Var 2 images on www.mondvor.narod.ru to your scan. The hammer and sickle on the left is yours (OoV) and is in fact different in shape to the image on Andrei's site. I have also zoomed in and although the focus is lost, the shape of the hammer and sickle becomes more distinctive. As far as I know the Var1 has the same hammer and sickle as the Var 2 so I hardly can think that yours is another variation. Together with the fact that your medal is mounted back to front is also evidence that someone tampered with the medal and although that is not what I would base my decision, it does not help either. I hope the image says it all.

My opinion anyways.

Regards,

Jim