News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Group with OPW 2nd class/MMM to Vasily Petrovitch Makarov

Hi everyone,

this little group came in today from Alexei and i was asking myself, what this chap might have gotten his Military Merit Medal for? Is this a Long-Service award or a "real" award? Priviledges start in September 1946 (!), so i guess, he got the OPW in the month before, right?

Impossible to say without research?

I look forward to hear your opinions and speculations...

Here is the group:

I'll make a wager and say that the MM is a long service 10 year award, and the OGPW is an award for wounds received during the War.

Now let's see what the research actually comes up with!

Dave

Thanks, Dave, thats a good start. That would be my guess too. A Long-Service MMM and an early catch-up award for wounds. I don?t know, if this is relevant in this connection, but the orders book is of the A-series, mostly given to officers.

I?ll give it a shot and get it researched, even if i have enough catch-up awards for wounds now...

Thank you too, Doc!

Gerd