News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• Replies 282
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the Laughs guys! these are soo unbelievable!

Post #6 is INSANE!

Post #25 is really INSANE!

Post #67 i nearly fell out of my chair from laughing so much! fancy swords on an Austrian Anschluss medal! ha haaa!

Good education thanks Rick!

We need to keep on our toes with these absurd fakeries out there!

Cheers Gents

Paul

Maybe one of us should buy a cheap simple one and take a closer look on the construction. I know, its waste of money, but for educations sake?

Ahem, did i say, i am broke this month :rolleyes::cheeky:

No, just kidding if noone of the RB-Collectors bites, i?ll give it a go.

Gerd

Edited by Gerd Becker

The problem is, they don't go cheap. he sells them for a tidy sum. he's patient, he uses all original materials and for the most part, the combinations make sense. He mixes in lots of small, cheap (obviously) real bars and the unsuspecting buyer goes forward. When he first popped up, he sold a small group of very nice, very original bars with very different style/composition/materials... they went for large Euros and I think a "Cottage Industry" was born.........

Once upon a time, I bought every part that showed up publicly. Ribbon, mounts, devices...... everything/anything to keep this sort of thing from happening (so I thought)....... I couldn't keep up with it....

The problem is, they don't go cheap. he sells them for a tidy sum. he's patient, he uses all original materials and for the most part, the combinations make sense. He mixes in lots of small, cheap (obviously) real bars and the unsuspecting buyer goes forward. When he first popped up, he sold a small group of very nice, very original bars with very different style/composition/materials... they went for large Euros and I think a "Cottage Industry" was born.........

Once upon a time, I bought every part that showed up publicly. Ribbon, mounts, devices...... everything/anything to keep this sort of thing from happening (so I thought)....... I couldn't keep up with it....

Okay, then i will wait a while, until he wasted the more valuable ribbons and starts to produce cheaper bars. Must happen someday, i think.

Gerd

• 2 weeks later...

Our boy is back this week with a spanktacular Bavarian Bar. oooooooooooooo Baby!

He comes so close, and then he makes those painful newbie mistakes... As painful as it is to see original ribbon being chopped up for this crap, at least it's reducing the world's supply of ribbon for those that might have the potential to make good quality fakes.

Also, it looks like he forgot the Danzig Cross on the Romanian bar. :rolleyes:

Guest Rick Research

And you know, split out and dispersed into the world as singles without the "whhoooooaaaaa, how the **** did these ALL end up with the same backings?" aside from the usual MORONIC mistakes, the decent ones will soon be fouling collections for generations to come.

It would be interesting to know whether these original metal backings have indeed been bride-of-Frankenstein'd to original RIBBONS--

good old Mister Ohio parts Fraud used to have real ribbons and devices on hand snipped backings. By the recent time he got real old metal backings, he had been reduced to using new fake glows under blacklight ribbons.

I wonder if these are original never used ribbons or new fakes?

... and why is HE buying REAL bars??? What does he do with them??

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...item=6231874990 :Cat-Scratch:

Certainly not research. :rolleyes:

Here's one that I can't figure out. It's openly advertised as a likely reproduction (okay, technically he calls it a "repo"), and there's a bidding war in progress.

Edited by landsknechte

Guest Rick Research

Yeah. "Likely." M2002 smeared with motor oil (that happened a lot to real ones!). Amazing how the "flood water damage" on these is on the FRONTS but (GASP!) not on the backs.

So, as long as dimwits go into cash-flushing frenzies over garbage like that, it will continue to be provided to them.