News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Soyombo Medal

Number of reasons why I am in doubt about this one, such as:

- wrong screwdisc

- mint mark on reverse

- the ring fixed to the ribbon is not as even in thickness compared with other ones

- enamel on the medal itself appears to be putting more distance between the soyombo elements

- don't entirely like the numbering on reverse

However, I must say the enamel (also on ribbon) is quite good. Could it be that a Type 3 exists?

Tang Si - do you own it? What is the provenance?

Battushig has seen this medal. He didn't like it for a number of reasons, some very complex. When he say it, it had no mintmarks. These have presumably since been added. Run away from this one. Run very fast.

Number of reasons why I am in doubt about this one, such as:

- wrong screwdisc

- mint mark on reverse

- the ring fixed to the ribbon is not as even in thickness compared with other ones

- enamel on the medal itself appears to be putting more distance between the soyombo elements

- don't entirely like the numbering on reverse

However, I must say the enamel (also on ribbon) is quite good. Could it be that a Type 3 exists?

Tang Si - do you own it? What is the provenance?

Sure, this is Type 3 - a Chinese made type. :cheeky:

The one which should be avoided at all costs...

Sure, this is Type 3 - a Chinese made type. :cheeky:

The one which should be avoided at all costs...

Hi, William

Do you have evidence to prove that it is made in China? If you not, please do not say such word. All fake Mongolia orders are from their motherland!

Tang Si

Edited by reichsrommel

I have met with Battushig, spent much time with him in fact. He knows these fakes well, and I saw two of them for sale just this morning (one badly numbered "11" and two unnumbered, so far). Battushig knows the origin and, if anyone really wants to know, I will say by PM. I have no desire to get into a silly nationalistic spat. The award is fake and the origin is clear.