News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

LEGION OF MERIT - Commander Grade

Guest Darrell

Guest Darrell

Got this guy in the mail today. I just love it. It is (I believe) from the 70's. The scanned pictures don't do it justice. Much more Golden than what came out. Also the Lapel pin and Ribbon Bar attachment as well .... I must say finall a decent e-bay buy beer.gif

Guest Darrell

Hi,

I'm afraid I dont know how many have been awarded. Most of these type (and the next higher grade - Chief Commander) were awarded to Officials of other Countries or Officers from other countries.

Even the last reference book "Call of Duty" doesnt give any mention as to how many have been awarded.

• 2 weeks later...
    Guest Darrell

Well ... the case arrived for the above goodies. Nice Leatherette type .. not the cheap vinyl generic types often encountered today. Also came with the outer Cardboard Box.

Guest Darrell

And finally ... a couple of pics with all the goodies installed ... if anyone sees something wrong with how they are in the box let me know ... like a jigsaw getting them all in there blush.gif

The ribbon bar and lapel pin have to be attached better I know ...

Edited by Darrell

Guest Darrell

Awards to US military personnel officer or enlisted are made only in the Legionaire grade.

This is for a big shot from "out of town."

Yep, Bob is right. The Commander and Chief Commanders were mostly awarded to Heads of State or Generals et. al. of other Nations.

I need a nice "earlyish" (1970ish) Cased Chief Commander to fill out my LOM collection ....

• 3 weeks later...

Yep, Bob is right. The Commander and Chief Commanders were mostly awarded to Heads of State or Generals et. al. of other Nations.

I need a nice "earlyish" (1970ish) Cased Chief Commander to fill out my LOM collection ....

Darrell,

I sent you a message at the other place concerning one of these decorations. Check it out and see what you think.

Jim

• 3 weeks later...

Very nice Darrell.

Being in the military for the past 16 years, I have seen a lot of people (ranging from E-9s to O5s and o9s) wearing the Legion of Merit. I have never seen the breast version or the Commanders Style worn on the uniform as such. These must be mega rare or it is worn in the same manner as the basic LOM medal??

Best regards

Paul Reck