News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

That is a nice helmet Richard.Is it all original?I have only seen a few of these,and only over the internent.Outside looks just as it should to me,I was just curious about the liner,especially the pads.Most of the ones I have seen had the orange colored pads.To me almost all the german leather liners,the ones that have been taken care of any way,look like they're new.It must be the blonde color of the liner.Even my liner aside from the stain(blood)looks like it was installed yesterday.Whoever had it before me took real good care of it.Its amazing how soft it still is after all these years.Pecards is well worth the money.

Love the helmet Richard,

Jim P

Jim

Not surprisingly, you're not the first person to remark about the liner. Yes, it is all original and exhibits very little wear. As for the pads, the earliest have orange/yellow pads, although there could be exception due to field customisation. Later pads are this grey/black.

Although a spanner-bolt, this one is later (probably 1941-42 ?) as it has the zinc linerband. The straps are mint, as is the liner, with only minor staining around the brow. I don't think it saw much combat and probably has picked up most of it's wear to the shell from the hands of collectors, being stacked, etc.

The picture of the liner is not a great one as taken inside and the compression also takes it toll. If you'd like, I can take a better pic for you.

Rich

Thanks Richard,but you don't have to post another picture for me.I just made mention of the liner as I haven't seen that many fj helmets.It is amazing how well these german leather liners hold up over the years though isn't it.When I 1st started collecting,I passed on several reasonably priced helmets,because I thought there was no way 60 year old leather can look that good.

The leather in my 42 is the softest,most supple 60+ year old leather I've ever touched.A little maintenance goes a long way in keeping everything squared away.

I do love your helmet collection though.Right now I'm trying to get 1 example of each as money allows.I can't imagine having as many as you do anytime soon,especially the way prices are going out the roof.

If you ever decide you have too many and wish to donate to a worthy cause,I happen to know the president of the "Jim Prewitt Historical Research and preservation society" HAHAHAHA

Jim Prewitt CEO

• 2 years later...