News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

The Yugoslavian part of my collection

"46 mauser bayonet, gas mask, decontamination kit complete with all it's goodies, a 2 section ammo pouch and an empty 82mm mortar tube. A bunch of Croatian mags that you could pick up at the local news stand. The map under it all was the one I used over there, along with the UN flag, came off of my Iltis

Hi Laurence,

Great collection and very nicely displayed... simple but definitely a pleasure to look at! :jumping::jumping: Would love some shots of the cased awards visible at the bottom of the first pic. :love: Also what is the document in the frame to the left in the first photo? Also are those grass stains on the tunic... or green paint? If grass stains it's possible they could be removed with something like Oxyclean... something that will remove organic stains. :unsure:

Thanks for sharing! :beer:

Dan :cheers:

Dear Laurence,

great stuff - please show us close-ups of your orders & medals :love: .

What had been your function & rank in the Canadian UN-Forces in Croatia :unsure: ?

Did you get any medals from the UN for your service in former Yugoslavia :unsure: ?

Best regards :beer:

Christian

Great stuff, Larry!!! Any stories to go with any of the items? The uniform looks to have seen some real service use! I really like the UN Flag!

You must really share some of your stories!

:violent: Is the tunic suffering from those algae sort of stains that affect such things left out in the open in the warm & damp?

Am I right in thinking that this style tunic is the temperate weather combat tunic & that the identical wool version is the cold weather version? Or is this type for duties other than field wear?

I think that I may have a spare pair of trousers for this tunic somewhere, I might be wrong but I think I have a pair bagged up somewhere in the garage.

You managed to get a bayonet back - I "lost" the 2 or 3 AK bayonets I had because I was foolish enough to pack them in a MSO box sent through the Brit army - I should have carried them in my suitcase on the flight home, 'cos the army seized them as contraband.

Unfortunately I had a lovely old yatagan bladed sword with remains of gold inlay in the blade in the box as well...................

Oh what the hell - edit -

It still hacks me off so much I'm tempted to use an emoticon.

Edited by leigh kitchen