News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Reichluftausichtdienst- Air Traffic Contoller Service

I am not sure which actual 'Der Adler' issue they appeared in, these photos are out of the book 'Der Adler,

The Luftwaffe Magazine'. Edited by S.L. Mayer and Masami Tokoi. (Arms & Armour Press 1977).

Bob

• 5 months later...

Hello Paul

Very nice tabs. :jumping:

All the best

Snoopy

Thanks Nesreped and Snoopy.

The shade of the color is a little lighter than the other ATC items. I am thinking that these go to the earlier DLV Luftpolizei (Air Traffic Controllers)

Thanks Nesreped and Snoopy.

The shade of the color is a little lighter than the other ATC items. I am thinking that these go to the earlier DLV Luftpolizei (Air Traffic Controllers)

Hello!

Paul R

I think these make sense. :cheers:

All the best

Nesredep

• 1 month later...

Uniform:

The Air Traffic Controller Official wore the standard Luftwaffe uniforms. The tunic had the 3mm collar piping which consisted of twist cord with the branch color for all rankings. The NCO flyer's cap was also worn by the Meister and Obermeister(Officer rankings) rankings, with the officer's cords being worn by all rankings(even NCO). Here are some unique uniform requirements particular to the Air Traffic Control Officials:

1. Visor caps- Officer's Chin cord on EM visor with branch color piping. Embroidered insignia was permitted.

2. National emblems of hand embroidery on tunics and blouses.

3. Leather Officer's style belt and shoulder strap(shoulder strap abolished early into the war)

4. Officer's Cape(only for Obermeister)

5. Duty Gorget.

Hello guys

I have read this article...and I have a question about the Visor Cap for Air Traffic Control : The officer's schirmmutze then have the piping in Apple green with the silver chincord ....and not have the classic silver - piping for all officers of the Luftwaffe ??

Is the unique case in the Luftwaffe which the officer's schirmmutze wear their branch-colour piping ?

Thank you...very interesting thread

Hello guys

I have read this article...and I have a question about the Visor Cap for Air Traffic Control : The officer's schirmmutze then have the piping in Apple green with the silver chincord ....and not have the classic silver - piping for all officers of the Luftwaffe ??

Is the unique case in the Luftwaffe which the officer's schirmmutze wear their branch-colour piping ?

Thank you...very interesting thread

Hello,

Early on, this was the case with the Luftwaffe Music Leaders as well as the Air Traffic Controlers. They wore the EM version of the visor, used in their particular branches, with the officer chin cord. They eventually went to the standard Officer's cap

Hello,

Early on, this was the case with the Luftwaffe Music Leaders as well as the Air Traffic Controlers. They wore the EM version of the visor, used in their particular branches, with the officer chin cord. They eventually went to the standard Officer's cap

That's ok....thank you

Because....I have a Schirmmutze for LW Air Traffic Control with the silver-chincord and I thought which the cap could be only for an NCO officer-candidate.....instead can be for an Officer !!

That's ok....thank you

Because....I have a Schirmmutze for LW Air Traffic Control with the silver-chincord and I thought which the cap could be only for an NCO officer-candidate.....instead can be for an Officer !!

It could have been for either...

1. Air Traffic Control Official

or

2. Air Traffic Control Officer(regular Luftwaffe) Candidate

I would love to see it!! Please post some images!