News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

insane price or am I missing something?

fjcp

Is the price range you quoted(30-45 dollars) include the case and condition seen here? This one looks like a pristine example.

well it does look good but the majority of these I've seen have been selling for about that....

Ok make it $50 on a good day...

I know that the one my brother has, came from the same seller and is in the same, if not better condition and it was $45 on the nose with case....

Perhaps he got lucky but, $202 is getting into Nomonhan medal territory!!!

JC

Edited by fjcp

Still . . . clinically insane . . . e$cam nonsense. Why do people not deal with real dealers???

I agree Ed, but I feel bad for "mililaw42" , the last one sold by that seller went for $76 and even that was high....

E$cam at its best!!! It ended at $202.50!@#$%@#%&^$@%@!!!

JC

Edited by fjcp

I understand what you guys are saying. My interest in IJ medals is very new and I have so much to learn. I am surprised to see how relatively inexpensive Japanese militaria is. Beautiful tunics are being sold at high end WW2 militaria dealers for around 150 dollars! Talk about under-appreciated!

I understand what you guys are saying. My interest in IJ medals is very new and I have so much to learn. I am surprised to see how relatively inexpensive Japanese militaria is. Beautiful tunics are being sold at high end WW2 militaria dealers for around 150 dollars! Talk about under-appreciated!

Paul, I too am pleased with the fact that a lot of the Japanese stuff is very affordable, and the fact that the vast majority of these medals and orders come with very nice cases makes them even more attractive, not least from a display standpoint.

Too much wonderful stuff out there!! :jumping:

JC

EBay is still one of the best places around to buy Japanese awards. The prices that stuff from Gunjinantiques (Johnnie Lofgren) fetch is normally WAY below that asked by "real" dealers. He is an excellent source for Japanese awards and it certainly isn't his fault if two bidders go "over the top".

Just look at the prices for Japanese awards being asked by some

http://www.liverpoolmedals.com/FMPro?-db=l...t2.htm&-new

Perhaps the bidders checked the prices with dealers such as these before bidding on EBay.

I normally sell these in the box for between $60 and $80 depending on condition and how lucky I was on my purchase price. I think the seller is just getting lucky on this, they are normally not too difficult to find so I cannot understand why it is going for such a high price ! Send them my way, I think I have a few in stock :cheeky:

Johnnie is an excellent seller, he avoids the usual b*ll s*it stories that some other sellers of Japanese items try to use. His descriptions and knowledge of Japanese are very good so you can trust what he says.

In fact ........ :rolleyes: he is almost as good as me :rolleyes::cheeky:

Crap, I thought I was the only one with Gunjin in their eBay favorites list! ;) I have had great experiences with gunjin, as well as koro-koro1 and matsu1121, but gunjin as been the best so far.

It is defiantly a great time to be collecting Japanese militiria. Most documents fetch reasonable prices that even a poor college can afford. I have even seen personal collections of items (medals, cloth, documents, pictures, etc.) sell for less than $150! I just wonder how long the bargains will last. One item that fetches a high price almost every time is the empty medal bars, they are out of sight!

Edited by MJMartin

That set of documents would have still been a bargain at twice that price. It is all his promotion documents and advnaces through the ranks of honour. These are often more difficult to find than the medal and order certificates but they provide you with a lot of information about the person`s advance through his career. Wish I had not missed that set !

Just a little update... It seems the natural order of things has been restored...

A mukden Incident medal just sold for $56.55 and is just as nice as the one above although the case is slightly damaged....

Anyway I can now sleep easy again!

JC

newlisting

• 1 year later...

I agree Ed, but I feel bad for "mililaw42" , the last one sold by that seller went for $76 and even that was high....

E$cam at its best!!! It ended at $202.50!@#$%@#%&^$@%@!!!

JC

I know this is old, just can't help expessing my displeasure at seeing someone copy one of my pictures and paste it in this forum without my permission, then see the phrase "E$cam at its best!!!" attached to it. I assure you I've never scammed anyone. And a large portion of those "real" dealers you hold in such high esteem are buying their merchandise from me, so keep buying from them, it keeps us all in business. I appreciate those who stuck up for me in this forum.

I know this is old, just can't help expessing my displeasure at seeing someone copy one of my pictures and paste it in this forum without my permission, then see the phrase "E$cam at its best!!!" attached to it. I assure you I've never scammed anyone. And a large portion of those "real" dealers you hold in such high esteem are buying their merchandise from me, so keep buying from them, it keeps us all in business. I appreciate those who stuck up for me in this forum.

Since I started this thread I'll comment!

I wasn't suggesting that you were scamming anybody.

You listed the item and people bid.....fair is fair, it was just unusually high for the item in question.

I too have bought from you and I couldn't be happier and my feedback was always very positive!

E$cam is just a term that's been "lovingly" used for ebay, and to some degree, for good reasons.

I've been screwed out of at least $600-700 over the years and so have others here.

As for the picture , I linked to your listing and just used the same picture that was in the listing.

I didn't pass it off as something else and I think it's reasonable that we as collectors should be able to discuss the wares on offer, otherwise we are going to get some very cryptic posts here...

"Did you see medal X on site Y for $xxx????"

Without intending to sound rude, it just seems you to have misread the intention of this thread.

I was merely expressing my disbelief at the bidders eagerness(I'm being polite) and nothing else.

I assure you this was not an attack on you!

Cheers

JC

This Mukden incident medal is selling on ebay for an amazing $202 so far..... I thought these went for the 30-45 range.....

Am I missing something or what????

ebaylisting

WOW! I know this is an old thread, but two years later in 2009, I got two of these, one for around $40.00ish and the other for around $60ish, not much of a change since that 2007 reference. I'd say the more "expensive" of my two is in equal condition, the cheaper one has two small mars on the ribbon and the box isn't as nice, but overall still a nice medal.

Talk about insane prices: local gun every two months or so in my area, one medal dealer there every time, never paid attention until now. Only had two Japanese medals, a Russo-Japan war, and 2nd China Incident medal - not sure that I've ever seen similar medals on eBay in as poor a condition as these two, boxes were poor condition as well. He was asking $120.00 for the Russo-Japan and $80.00 for the China Incident. SHEESH! But I guess there are people out there that don't know any better.

Guest Rick Research

"But I guess there are people out there that don't know any better."

True of sellers, true of buyers-- in EVERY field.

I looked at what turned out to be a 1923 Earthquake Medal every month for at least 5 years without ever knowing what it was-- until I asked Paul. Now what was simply a lovely what-IS-that has come to live with me.

When in doubt

any area

this is the place with the right people to ask FIRST. :cheers: