News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

The Iron Time

Anybody got any ideas when the new Previtera book is due out, (the new 2nd edition) I thought it would be in print by now,

but so far, nothing heard, I guess it shouldn't be too far off though.

Bob

Guest Darrell

Anybody got any ideas when the new Previtera book is due out, (the new 2nd edition) I thought it would be in print by now,

but so far, nothing heard, I guess it shouldn't be too far off though.

Bob

Hi Bob, several threads started on this one. Stephen got the books at the end of April and is shipping them out now. Some have already got theirs (some of the first orders).

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Rich,

From the acknowledgements section at the front, he states that there is nearly 80 new pages, plus

280 additional new photographs, well worth adding to the library I think, I was reading a bit of it last

night, where he quotes the Manfred von Richthofen shot down 82 aircraft, I thought his tally was 80,

but I haven't checked that one out yet, anyway, here are some photos from the book, there is a good

additional section on the WW2 Knight's Crosses which makes the book worthwhile in it's own right...

Here is the cover...

Bob

He corrects the previous known errors too, here is one of the corrections, the KM Honour Roll Clasp that is shown

is now a wartime version, with smaller photos of the repro that was in the earlier edition....

Excuse my pudgy fingers, it is windy outside today,

I think you would be very happy having this superb book on your bookshelf.

One last shot from the book, here is another page from the Imperial section,

Cheers

Bob

Guest Darrell

Good Pics Bob :cheers:

How many pages total, and what's the size width x height x thickness of this edition?

Hi Darrell,

Good timing, I was just about to turn the 'pooter off!!!

I just weighed the book on my wifes cooking scales, it is 2105 grams,

and has 532 pages.The format of it is slightly larger than the earlier

edition. (A fairly hefty book).

Hope this helps.

Bob

Guest Darrell

Hi Darrell,

Good timing, I was just about to turn the 'pooter off!!!

I just weighed the book on my wifes cooking scales, it is 2105 grams,

and has 532 pages.The format of it is slightly larger than the earlier

edition. (A fairly hefty book).

Hope this helps.

Bob

Thanks Bob. Can you remember how many pages were in the first edition? I sold mine and can't remember :rolleyes:

Guest Darrell

Thanks for posting those pics. From what I see it doesn't appear to be any different from the 1st edition other than correcting mistakes.

I think I'll save my money. :beer:

Rich

Not really, Stephen said he added 80 pages and over 250 photos. I'm sure it's not just corrections as those were probably deleted. I sold mine for about $275 US on e-bay a few montsh back. I figured I'd get this done before common knowledge is out about Edition 2. This was enough to rebuy the "Limited Edition" plus a few extra dollars for a few US medals :rolleyes:

Guest Darrell

Well # 167 arrived today. I must say the size is way larger than I first had imagined. It's even bigger than the German Combat Badges of the 3rd Reich Volume.

Best parts of all:

a. Only 9 days from shipping to delivery !!! Amazing considering the usual wait time for shipping from US to Canada.

b. ZERO Customs fees !! This is UNHEARD of for books. Also Stephen marked the "value" down smilewinkgrin.gif

Got something to keep me occupied for the next week thumbsup.gif

Well # 167 arrived today. I must say the size is way larger than I first had imagined. It's even bigger than the German Combat Badges of the 3rd Reich Volume.

Best parts of all:

a. Only 9 days from shipping to delivery !!! Amazing considering the usual wait time for shipping from US to Canada.

b. ZERO Customs fees !! This is UNHEARD of for books. Also Stephen marked the "value" down smilewinkgrin.gif

Got something to keep me occupied for the next week thumbsup.gif

Thanks for the tip about moving the old edition, it just about paid for the new one. Everytime I hear a car drive by, I run to the door to see if my book has arrived. Not yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banger: