News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Soviet Posters.

Following a thread started by sergey, attached are a series of poster images in my files. These were part of an exhibition held in London a while back on this very subject. perhaps someone could translate. Enjoy

regards

Alex

Hi Ed , thanks for the comment. I am glad to post so that they can be seen by others. I suspect that some of them may well be quite rare as original posters.

regards

Alex

Thank you for sharing your collection. They are just terrific. I've been looking for several years and never found an original. Do you mean they were part of an exhibit which you later acquired? If so, I think you were very lucky. Lucky is good.

Chuck

Dear Alex,

many thanks for showing the posters to us and for the link :cheers: .

The poster in your post #3 is interesting, because the comrades show non-military uniforms.

I guess these are uniforms of coal miners and the comrades are receiving their HSLs from Stalin.

The comrade shaking hands with Stalin might have on his right chest the badge "Honored Coal Miner", which was instituted in 1948 :unsure: .

I showed such a badge (late version) in that thread: http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=17942

The orders & medals we can see on the comrade with Stalin are:

- HSL

- Lenin

- RBL

- Medal for Reconstruction of the Coal Mines of Donbass http://www.collectrussia.com/DISPITEM.HTM?ITEM=17186

Best regards :beer:

Christian

Edited by Christian Zulus

Dear Alex,

such uniforms are rather rare to see at official posters or photographs - and these comrades didn't wear their uniforms at work ;) .

Best regards :beer:

Christian

Hi Christian, that's interesting as I never thought that they may be non military uniforms. Unfortunately soviet isn't my strongest point.

regards

Alex