News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Soviet Awards to Hungarians

Nice find again!

Is this medal on your research project or it is unumbered? I would like to live at the source of such medals! :rolleyes:

Unfortunatly all three of these are un-numbered awards from the 1960's. As others had pointed out - these may have been members of the small contingent of Hungarian WW1 POW's who joined forces with the Red Army during the civil war - or they may have been part of the Red Army as the 1000+ Red Army trained partisans. What is interesting as a note is that for the Military Merit Medal - the requirement is a first name of Josef....(a common Hungarian name)

Hi all,

i hope you dont mind me posting a few scans of an un-numbered MMM i bought a few weeks ago on ebay, i was just expecting the medal(to use as a filler on another group)but he sent me the award book as well,i never took much notice of the award book until reading this thread,and couldnt help but notice the similarity, and was wondering if this too is Hungarian? Would it be researchable?

Once again if i have stepped out of protocol by posting here ..my apologies

whispy.

His name is Vladimir, so I doubt he is Hungarian. :)

I guess it will be impossible to research it, because your medal is unumbered. The only way to research it with is name, would be to know his birth date and birth place I guess.

EDIT : By the way, it is funny to see that the 3 medals posted by Charles were given to guys named Jozsef. :)

Edited by Soviet