News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Guest Rick Research

Name first rank second

GEYER or GEIER (cannot tell because of the bent wrinkle) Assessor.

That is, an educational official of Captain rank.

The date is 15Feb1939. I do know that General Staff Officers were selected from the ranks, yet I have never thought that this included Officials. Is there a roster out there that lists the Luftwaffe General Staff Officers during the war?

Nothing would please me more than this uniform being legit!

The date is 15Feb1939. I do know that General Staff Officers were selected from the ranks, yet I have never thought that this included Officials. Is there a roster out there that lists the Luftwaffe General Staff Officers during the war?

Nothing would please me more than this uniform being legit!

Well some points to start with

the name is not readable

Somebody would be stupid enought to change (post war) both collar and shoulder boards BUT to let the tag when it is so easy just to remove it.

95% of the postwar additions are with yellow piping

Don't forget that this piping is not only for Gal staff, I think (I can be wrong) that veterinarian use it

if the date was 1945 I would be more sceptical

Well 2 points to start with

the name is not readable

Somebody would be stupid enought to change (post war) both collar and shoulder boards BUT to let the tag when it is so easy just to remove it.

95% of the postwar additions are with yellow piping

Don't forget that this piping is not only for Gal staff, I think (I can be wrong) that veterinarian use it

if the date was 1945 I would be more sceptical

Hi Francios,

Thank you for the reply. Your cool and level headed thought process is just what I need right now! Thank you! :cheers: Your points are very good areas for consideration.

There was a Veterinary arm that was established in 1943, yet this was for EM's and NCO's only(per Vol3 of Angolia's Uniforms and Traditions of the Luftwaffe, in the Field Divisions Section). Veterinary Officers were loaned by the Heer and retained their Heer uniforms.

Guest Rick Research

Yes but people ARE stupid. They DO leave tags as evidence of their crimes. The assumption always is

"If I can't read it, nobody can read it."

"A name tag adds extra value--see it must be really real REAL."

"Nobody can ever track any of these names anyway, so I'll get away with it."

Wrong. :banger:

Wrong. :angry:

For 60 years meddling monkey fingers have been "improving" tunics

perfectly good original (and in many cases far rarer As Is than the @&%ing morons realize) tunics

by upping rank, changing to more "desirable" ($ ? ? ?) branches

and generally butchering the ever dwindling supply of original UNTOUCHED uniforms.

Personally, I would not be at all pleased to discover an untouched, overlooked, damning Tell All tag left in a tunic the insignia of which does not match.

Because it is far more likely for the three "reasons" above to have been overlooked in the commission of deception than that some Even More Stupid Person came up with an unattached name label (anybody collecting those?) or removed a label from one tunic and put THAT in another thinking that an

"unreadaable," "untraceable" tag would add to sales price.

Unfortunately, what can be virtually guaranteed is that the tunic will resurface again

with a conveniently

removed tag and THEN be "absolutely wonderful."

But not, unfortunately, by my standards.

And this did not even get INTO award loops or lack thereof for a full Colonel of General Staff.

Yes but people ARE stupid. They DO leave tags as evidence of their crimes. The assumption always is

"If I can't read it, nobody can read it."

"A name tag adds extra value--see it must be really real REAL."

"Nobody can ever track any of these names anyway, so I'll get away with it."

Wrong. :angry:

For 60 years meddling monkey fingers have been "improving" tunics

perfectly good original (and in many cases far rarer As Is than the @&%ing morons realize) tunics

by upping rank, changing to more "desirable" ($ ? ? ?) branches

and generally butchering the ever dwindling supply of original UNTOUCHED uniforms.

Personally, I would not be at all pleased to discover an untouched, overlooked, damning Tell All tag left in a tunic the insignia of which does not match.

Because it is far more likely for the three "reasons" above to have been overlooked in the commission of deception than that some Even More Stupid Person came up with an unattached name label (anybody collecting those?) or removed a label from one tunic and put THAT in another thinking that an

"unreadaable," "untraceable" tag would add to sales price.

Unfortunately, what can be virtually guaranteed is that the tunic will resurface again

with a conveniently

removed tag and THEN be "absolutely wonderful."

But not, unfortunately, by my standards.

And this did not even get INTO award loops or lack thereof for a full Colonel of General Staff.

Tssss .... then, please, why make it pink and not yellow to sell it faster and for more?

I will add that Brick tranlated the label but didn't say it is a mess up jacket

For all, not too fast reactions, don't judge a book by its cover as several parameters have to enter in the equation

Sorry, Vrick is now saying the tunic is probably messed post war

Thank you Rick and Francois!

What parameters are you referring to Francois?

Well only few collectors will buy a carmine tunic when 20.000 would buy a yellow one

The tag say 15Feb1939 and not 1945, the name is not identifyed

I would examine the insignas, to find trace of others insignas

thing is simple: you are comparing a tag dated 15Feb1939 to a tunic as it was at the end of the war - but what happened to the owner or to the tunic in beween, it seems that nobody know, do you?

Many addition/transformations were done to the issued uniforms, some were use 2,3 ................ times re-used by different branches/ranks etc,etc ...... many examples are seen on those non regulation uses/modifications.

The items are becoming exotic VS textbook, does that make them fake?

Krick is right if you want a textbook one or when it will be the time for you to resell it (if you do) but what Drick will not admit is that many things non text book have been use during the war.

But a the end of the day you are the one to take the decision, we only give you opinions based on our experiece

**** Can you pm me the price, please

Fran?ois Lundstr?m

I would examine the insignas, to find trace of others insignas

**** Can you pm me the price, please

Fran?ois Lundstr?m

There are signs of replaced collar tabs and perhaps shoulder boards. Although, the job seems to have been completed in a very professional manner and done long ago with non glowing thread..

PM sent about the price of the tunic and trousers.

Dear Paul,

Per Rick's comment; can you discuss the ribbon loops and award loops; as I recall there were some on this tunic.

Gary B

There are signs of replaced collar tabs and perhaps shoulder boards. Although, the job seems to have been completed in a very professional manner and done long ago with non glowing thread..

PM sent about the price of the tunic and trousers.

Hi

Tunics, specially a dress tunic ( I think this was a dress tunic due the quality and probably stayed at the soldiers closet) outlived the owner. This was a private purchase so the family had the option to give it to a friend or relative that served also in the LW. If was an issued piece it would had been re-issued by the LW clothing depot. If the family gave this tunic to another officer I would think that officer would have removed the named label and replaced with his own name?

I am sorry if is not the real deal. Paul had been waiting for few months and sold several nice untouched tunics to get this one. It would had fouled me if not for the label.

regards

Juan

Edited by jcsanche