News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Is this EK1 a Grossman & Co?

When I recieved this cross about a year ago I was told on another forum that the maker was Grossman &Co. I've posted it around a few places and now there is speculation it is another maker. Does anyone want to hazard a guess on the maker of this one? The core is not brass as it is magnetic. It's coated with something. Let's solve this mystery.

Edited by Steve campbell

No it's not marked. 11 is the official number Grossman used for thier award pieces. I don't think the firm had an LDO or L/? number. I suspect this is an unmarked early piece. I really don't think any piece can be described as an unmarked L/?. It either has that marking or it doesn't. I know I'm splitting hairs. As for the case you describe, you would have to be 100% sure that the cross and case belonged together or too many assumptions will have to be made. Incidently, the individual who who questioned whever or not it was a Grossman, is under the impression it's a Duemer so this is getting interesting. Thanks for your input.

I thought this discussion was finished with the EK1 that was sold by D.Niemann.....same hardware like the "11" marked EKs but stamped L/11.About the cases-I know two sets coming directly from the families of the awarded soldiers where the case are stamped with L11(both cases are from the same type).I agree that one maker not have used necessarily the same core for both classes(thinking about maker marked "8" and "20" EK2s),but as the hardware of the "11" marked crosses is complete Deumer except the pin I would vote for Deumer.

Micha

When I recieved this cross about a year ago I was told on another forum that the maker was Grossman &Co. I've posted it around a few places and now there is speculation it is another maker. Does anyone want to hazard a guess on the maker of this one? The core is not brass as it is magnetic. It's coated with something. Let's solve this mystery.

Hi, EK's God Steve!! This kreuz is a very very LOVE!! :jumping::jumping::jumping: This one's great EK!! Nice deails& splendid core. UMMMMMMM! VERY NICE!!

I guess I missed that discussion, but it's starting to look like Duemer. Is the hardware on these similar to Godet? Thanks for jumping in here Micha. Any other takes on this?

Similiar to Godet, but the hinge is a little different. Godet/Zimmermann have very distinctive hinges. I too, now believe these to be early Deumers'. Very nice pick up. :cheers:

Edited by ekhunter