News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

LW personel Research

Hi

I would like to research the career of LW Oberst Torsten Christ. I have one of his uniforms.

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=19969

I understand that the Archives located at the NARA in Wasington DC does not have Luftwaffe personnel. My question is were can I get access to those records?. I would gladly pay for the service.

thanks

Juan

Edited by jcsanche

He is listed in the 1945 Luftwaffe RL: Oberst i.G. Torsten Christ, seniority 1.3.1943.

Born 03.02.1906 in Munich, died in an accident 13.04.1967.

DKiG as Oberstlt. i.G. on 27.05.1942 as Chef d.Gen.St. VIII. Fliegerkorps.

RK as Oberstlt i.G. on 21.10.1942.

Regards

Chris

He is listed in the 1945 Luftwaffe RL: Oberst i.G. Torsten Christ, seniority 1.3.1943.

Born 03.02.1906 in Munich, died in an accident 13.04.1967.

DKiG as Oberstlt. i.G. on 27.05.1942 as Chef d.Gen.St. VIII. Fliegerkorps.

RK as Oberstlt i.G. on 21.10.1942.

Regards

Chris

Amazing!! Where can I find a copy of this RL?

Paul

Amazing!! Where can I find a copy of this RL?

Paul

The title is "Rangliste der deutschen Luftwaffe vom 20.4.1945", published first in 1954. It lists all officers from Hauptmann upwards. HOWEVER, it is only of limited use, because it lists only active flying personnel - in particular, no Flak officers and other branches and no reserve personnel.

Guest Rick Research

While it does have a FEW birth and death dates added by the publisher, it does NOT list the places. And while it does list SOME higher WW2 awards, for the dates and positions you have to go to the volumes on German Crosses and Knight's Crosses. What the 1945 has, literally, is this:

"Christ, Torsten (R, DKG) [Oberst page showing date of rank] 01.03.43(30) Genst." and that's IT. A typical entry.

It is, essentially, nothing but the rank dates for a very small part of the Luftwaffe on that day in the final months of the war.

I had, from a previous owner years ago, a scan of Christ's ribbon bar, which I have NOT been able to relocate. :banger:

Howver, I have pencilled in that it was:

EK2 1939, Luftwaffe 12, Luftwaffe 4, Sudeten Medal, Memel Medal, a Rumanian Order (sorry, don't recall), Spanish Military Merit Order X, Spanish 1936-39 Campaign Medal with X.

He was Blood Order holder # 227.

Rick Research said:
    I had, from a previous owner years ago, a scan of Christ's ribbon bar, which I have NOT been able to relocate. :banger:

Howver, I have pencilled in that it was:

EK2 1939, Luftwaffe 12, Luftwaffe 4, Sudeten Medal, Memel Medal, a Rumanian Order (sorry, don't recall), Spanish Military Merit Order X, Spanish 1936-39 Campaign Medal with X.

How about this one? :cheers:

Christ___Torsten___LW_Oberst.jpg

Edited by webr55

Guest Rick Research

BINGO! :jumping::cheers:

Can't imagine WHAT I did with that scan, or another like it. REfiled under "Christs ribbon bar."

That's actually the ribbon for the Spanish Military Merit MEDAL in next to last place: one of those "close enough, no one will notice" German military effects tailor's goofs, probably. But that is what he WORE.