News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

A couple of new references:

Hi all,

Managed to get a steal of a deal off Ebay on these two... kind of a happy birthday to me present... even though my birthday is not till August 13th: :rolleyes::jumping::jumping:

Now hoping against hope I'll be able to get the other two in the series of the second one pictured on the right:

I understand that the one on NKVD uniforms has some errors... but would like anyway just for pics and in order to have the set. So keeping my eye out.

Hoping to have them by Saturday or Monday. Plan is to have them to read on my way home the end of the month. Should be some good reading. :beer:

Dan :cheers:

Hi Charles,

Email sent.

Many thanks! :beer:

hello, Laszlo Bekesi is an excellent guy who tried to do a nice pedagogy, but at least 30% of the items displayed in its books are ugly fakes... (for example vol.1 a fighter orders set with an ugly Suvorov, in vol.2 a hero of soviet union, KGB general visor cap, etc....) Be carreful!!!

Gentlemen,

I have all 3 of Lazlo's books in my library and they are great - worth every buck :D .

O.K., he is not an expert in phaleristics, but at least the uniforms and photographs are unique.

For military historians his 3rd book about the GPW is the most interesting.

Best regards :beer:

Christian

Gentlemen,

I have all 3 of Lazlo's books in my library and they are great - worth every buck :D .

O.K., he is not an expert in phaleristics, but at least the uniforms and photographs are unique.

For military historians his 3rd book about the GPW is the most interesting.

Best regards :beer:

Christian

Christian, those books are only sure for post-1969 uniforms. Some cloth sets aren't precise (a 50ies admiral with a M69 cap, wrong pants in 49 and 55, fake KGB general visors caps, fake general service caps for infantry...). They're usefull once an expert collector has told you the complete list of errors...

• 5 months later...

Hi all,

I managed to get the rest of the series. Got the KGB one a few months back from Amazon.com and Kim just got me the last one "Soviet Uniforms & Militaria 1917-1991"... for all of $3.50 plus Priority Mail shipping! Another Ebay find!!!! :jumping::jumping: She also got me:

also for a great price ($37). :jumping:

The next one I'm hoping to add to my reference library is:

Keeping my fingers crossed! :rolleyes: