News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi Gents

I am looking for some more info on the WWII career of my greatgrandfathers cousin

Wilhelm Albert Karl August M?ldner, geboren Berlin 07.11.1887, Inhaber des Eisernen Kreuzes II. und I. Klasse (K?nigreich Preussen), Seefliegerabzeichen (K?nigreich Preussen) (24.09.1915), 1917 Leutnant der Reserve der Matrosenartillerie, gestorben Berlin Luftwaffelazarett Halle-D?lau 04.11.1942.

Dienstzeit bei der Luftwaffe 30.09.1935-28.10.1935 Fliegerhorstkommandantur Perleberg (?bung), Anfangsdatum nicht vermerkt-04.11.1942 1. Flieger-Waffentechnische Schule I, Halle an der Saale. Got his Wehrpass data today, a remark:

22.06.1942-22.09.1942 1. Flieger-Waffentechnische Schule I, Halle an der Saale, seit 23.09.1942 Flieger Ersatz Bataillon IV.

Although the other questions remain, I would like to add:

Were was his last unit?

Who commanded it? The Wehrpass shows a Hauptmann with a K and a Oberstlieutenant with a B or L.

Would there be any kind of documentation on this school and would in this documentation be mentioning of Wilhelm M?ldner? Would his rank still be Lt d R der Matrosenartillerie, or would he just be Lt dR?

Hope to get some info here. Normally I am focussing on WWI, as there were some other familymembers in that war.

Regards and thanks

David

Edited by David M

Was that the highest rank you know of? I know someone who MIGHT be able to help.

Regards

Paul

Hi Paul

Highest rank would be Leutnant der Reserve with or wihout the Matrosenartillerie addition. His entry at

volksbund.de suggest this also:

http://www.volksbund.de/graebersuche/conte...D0A6EC9DAD8BB6F

Hope you can help me

David

Edited by David M

Flieger-Waffentechnische Schule 1

Stationed in Lublin, Luftgau VIII. Disbanded 1944.

Flieger-Ersatz-Bataillon IV

Kommandeure: Obstlt Edgar Oertel, 4.42 - ?

Formed 4.42 in Bad Sulza

1943/44 moved to Leipzig-Sch?nau.

(the information is from Michael Holm's site)

Regards, Hardy