News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Some additional EK2's

As mentioned in the DEumer EK1 thread, I was waiting for 2 EKII's to arrive. They came in today so I'd like to share with you all.

I think one is S&L but I have no clues to the marker of the other. If you've any ideas please do post them.

First up, what I think is a S&L.

Thanks for the comments and for trying to ID them! Some of the differences between makers are minute... I was sure the 2nd was K&Q from the frame ribbing until I got to the '3' in 1939 and then realised they did not match.

This is the condition I like my EKII's in...untouched from the day they were handed out. Underneath that 60 year old patina are two beautiful crosses! :love:

Rich

The second one does look very much like a K&Q even down to the matt finish core, remember though we see K&Qs with 2 different cores!...the so called "short 3" and "long 3", does it not match either of those??

The second one does look very much like a K&Q even down to the matt finish core, remember though we see K&Qs with 2 different cores!...the so called "short 3" and "long 3", does it not match either of those??

Dave,

You are a star! You've just confirmed what I was suspecting... Only yesterday I was looking at another '65' online and found it matched mine exactly. From there I was beginning to wonder if there were 2 cores!!

Thanks mate!

Rich

• 5 months later...