News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Marshal Star

ub6365

As I know , there are only two Marshal stars awarded to Choibalsan and Tsedenbal. I have no idea where is Star of Choibalsan, but had chance to see Star of Tsedenbal (in Central bank of Mongolia). if this topic is interesting I can provide some pics. Regards.

Edited by ub6365

Pictures would be great. All I could contribute would be to scan the pictures from Battushig's book and his later article on Tsedenbal's star. And I don't like recycling images from the work of others

So far as I know, both stars are today in the Central Bank, though Choibalsan's may have surfaced from the national museum.

Pictures would be great. I think it's especially interesting to see how Tsedenbal's Star is so much more soviet than Choibalsan's. I have a pic somewhere of a Soviet Marshall star, let me look, so we can compare the soviet one to Tsedenbal's

Best regards

Jan

It is my understandoing that what remains is deep in storage, and you need to know someone who knows someone who knows . . . . I believe a proposal had been floated to put some of these goodies on public display at the time of the 800th anniversary celebrations, but this seems not to have happened.

The best images I have ever seen of the Chpoibalsan star are in Battushig's book. For the Tsendenbal stars (I think two were made?), you may want to glance at the very short article:

Dr. Achitsaikhan Battushig, "Der Rang eines Marschalls der Mongolischen Volksrepublik und seine Verleihungen," Militaria[p/i], 29, 1 (Januar-Februar 2006): 30

Sample:

• 15 years later...