6. Place of Birth Veshkoya Novoselka Doketskoyobe

7. Party and Date Joining Non Party

8. Education Low

9. Nationality Greek

10. Date of Joining the Red Army

11. Place of Service (regiment of service) and post when awarded

257 Rifle Division, 948 Rifle Regiment

12. Current place of Service

The native land of the Donets region Veshkaya Novoceka kolhz ? Near the farm of Заведуий.

13. Home Address of Awarded Person

The Donets region Veshkaya Novocek, Partisan Street No 12

Any help on the name or address would be helpfull :jumping:

The translation of the citation just needs finishing and then I will post it ;)

Order of Victory

Here is his citation:

1. Last name, first name and patronymic: Georgy Kalistratovich Yanatyev.

2. Military rank: Private Reserves

Position and unit: 257 Rifle Division, 948 Rifle Regiment

3. Awarded: Order of Glory 3rd Class

4. Born: 1910

5. Nationality: Greek

6. Party membership Non Party

7. Wounds and contusions: Heavily Injured 12/11/1943

8. Date joined the Armed Forces of the USSR 17/09/1943 to 29/01/1944

9. Drafted by The Military Commissioner of the Donets Region

10. Previous awards: Medal for the Victory over Germany and 20 years anniversary of the end of the Great Patriotic War

11. Permanent address:

The Donets region Veshkaya Novocek, Partisan Street No 12

Comrade Yanatyev G. K. serving in the Soviet Army from 17/09/1943 through 29/07/1944 with 10/1941 to 09/1943 lived in the occupied territory of great Novoselka Donets region; he worked in the community on the common works.

He participated in the World War II from 10/1943 through 12/01/1943 in the post the marksman of 948 rifle regiment, 257 division.

12/11/1943 he obtained a heavy bullet injury and was taken to a clinic. As a result of the injury his hand is amputated. He is located while undergoing medical treatment in EG № 2464 from 12/11/1943 through 29/01/1944 the injuries are confirmed by the information Of EG №2464 from the year 29/01/1944.

After recovery he is discharged from the Soviet Army with the exception taking into account. Had a disablement of group P, into present veremya he is the invalid of the patriotic war of the z-th group. He works in the kolkhoz "native land" - as the manager of a farm, from the work it is positively characterized.

The question about the rewarding is coordinated first by the secretary of the RK KPU Comrade Kryj I.Z, by the chairman of the district executive committee Comrade Gnoyevym A.P and by the control organs. There are no objections.

Order of Victory

The Soviets used "nationality" in the sense that we would say "ethnicity." They used "Jewish" as a "nationality."

This produces some rather strange (to us) paperwork-- when say a Moscow-born "Ukrainian" (who spoke only Russian) is classified differently by differnet people on different pieces of paper.