News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Pictures of my grandfather...

I have posted most of these pictures before on another forum, but as it's my grandfather's 100th birthday today, I post them again here:

My grandfather was born in 1907. He joined the police school in Treptow in 1926 and was a policeman (Ober-, then Hauptwachtmeister) in Berlin before the war. He was also involved in the Olympics 1936. When the war started, he was transferred to the Feldgendarmerie as Stabsfeldwebel. He served mainly in Poland and France.

He was never promoted to Meister der Gendarmerie during the war. In a postwar CV, he writes that this was because he refused to join the Nazi party. He was approached several times by higher officials to join, but never did.

The first picture is from the the mid-1930s. He is standing on the right.

HK07___wohl_Lehrgang_Bad_Ems___nach_1936.jpg

Edited by webr55

He was then transferred to the Wehrmacht Feldgendarmerie and promoted to Stabsfeldwebel. This is him, bottom left, with others, wearing their gorgets.

HK12__mit_Polizeischilden.jpg

Edited by webr55

The first page of his Wehrpass, not in the best condition, as you see. Signed by a Major (E) Luyken, commander of WBK Berlin X. Any other information on him, maybe?

Wehrpass_01___Unterschrift_Maj__E__Luyken___Kdr_WBK_Berlin_X__Spandau_.jpg

Edited by webr55

Guest Rick Research

Was he very badly wounded in August 1943? He seems to have been in recovery and "light duty" from then on.

Well spotted, Rick! He actually had a motorcycle accident during the Poland campaign which apparently had grave late consequences. He spent quite a lot of time in the Lazarett. Here is his WP page with the sickness entries - most probably, those "Ekzems" disguise something else.

And he died of late consequences in 1955. Sorry Paul, no first hand account of his.

Wehrpass_11_Krankheiten.jpg

Edited by webr55