News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

EK2 J.J Stahl

Hello all,

Does anyone have a 122 mm EK2?.....if so please could you post some scans here. I've got one and I have never found another,I would just like to compare a few if possible.

Many thanks

Dave

[attachmentid=9644]

[attachmentid=9645]

[attachmentid=9646]

Dave,

Here are some additional scans for you. I see no evidence of die flaws on the rim on either the obverse or reverse. I also see no evidence of file marks on the rounded inner corners on either the obverse or reverse. I hope this is helpful.

In the meantime, here is the obverse. . .

• 4 months later...
    • 11 months later...

Hi Dave,

I know that this is a really old post, but I thought I would ressurect it by adding some pictures of my '122'! Mine is a well worn example with a heavy patina and has some minor paint loss and blistering to the core. It has the die flaws on frame on the 6 o'clock arm. (I assume that these are the ones you refered to). These are the best pictures I can manage at the moment as I have limited upload space.

Regards - Danny

Obverse:

And here's another one. These are actually rather rare and qualify, I believe, as the only Iron Crosses produced outside the Reich, unless you count the ones made in Japan and onboard ship.

PK

Edited by PKeating

And here's another one. These are actually rather rare and qualify, I believe, as the only Iron Crosses produced outside the Reich, unless you count the ones made in Japan and onboard ship.

Hi Paddy,

Would the maker of '123' EK's, (Beck, Hassinger & Co. - another Strassburg firm), not qualify aswell?

Regards - Danny