News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Accident Free Driving Awards

Gents,

Here are a couple of small lapel badges that I bought today. They are the bronze and silver awards for accident free driving. There are larger awards for specific distances of accident free driving such as 100,000 Kilometres but I do not know the criteria for the awrd of these badges or who they would have been awarded to. I laso assume there is a gold badge but have not seen one. If you can add more info on these badges please do so.

Regards,

Gordon

I finally got some smarts and went back to the dealer where I obtained these two pieces and asked him about them. They are the first issue acident free driving awards from the HUPR. Bronze is for 250,000 Kilometres, Silver is for 500,000 Kilometres and Gold for 1,000,000 Kilometres. There is a larger version of this badge that you can mount on your vehicle to show that you have been awarded this badge. I saw one today at the Ecseri Flea market but didn't price it. Ecseri is in all of the guide books so they ask tourist prices. The second issue of this badge has the actual kilometres of accident free driving on the award. When I find one I'll post a picture of one. They aren't that hard to find.

Regards,

Gordon

Found one in Zsolt's store on ebay. I am sure he won't mind me posting it here. Here is the auction url for the 250,000 Kilometres (ezer=1000.00) one. There are badges for 500 ezer K, and 750 ezer K which are the same design as the 250 ezer K. The 1,000,000 K is a different design. They are all available from this url. Just click on "medals store.

http://cgi.ebay.com/250-000-KILOMETERS-WIT...2QQcmdZViewItem

Regards,

Gordon

Edited by Gordon Craig

I asked Gordon the same question the other day - between us I am the only one who has seen one - it was for the third class as I recal, from 1958 (as the cobwebs in my mind remember) but it had been folded a thousand times too many and has tape holding it together and more money than I wanted to spend. The citation read to a normal individual (nothing specail except the title 'comrade')

Edited by hunyadi

Ulsterman,

I would imagine that these badges would have been awarded to civilians who were professional drivers. To address the document to "comrade" would be the normal thing to do. Perhaps someday a document will surface for one of these badges. Charles is always on the search for documents and would ecognize one more redily than I would. I would love to see one. I'll have to start collecting the second issue to complete the set.

Cheers,

Gordon