News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Bulgaria - Soldiers' Cross for Bravery

Guest Rick Research

That ugly little lump of Icky is the Soldiers' Cross for Bravery: 2nd class on a plain ribbon as here, or 1st Class with a "bow-tie" of swallow tailed ribbon across it horizontally. The ribbons are pale, plae blue-- this one has faded away to white. That is the generic war ribbon for most wartime awards.

This would be the equivalent of a German WW2 German Cross in Gold. :speechless1:

They are patterned directly after the imperial Russian Crosses of Saint George:

1st Class (this cross and "bow-tie")

2nd Class (no bow-tie)

3rd Class (silvered ugly little lump of Icky with bow-tie)

4th Class (no bow-tie)

Hard to reconcile something MEANT to be so significant being such gum-ball-machine-prize looking. :speechless:

Not highly valued, because they are just so unbearably AWFUL looking.

Guest Rick Research

That's another 1st/2nd Class. :cheers:

They really are awful looking little squeezed-out base metal things.

Guest Rick Research

Georgian Order of Saint/Queen Tamara-- which had a ribbon bar ribbon but as a pinback, was not worn there.

Doc,

I would keep them, especially if you paid little for these crosses.

It's not about the looks, it's more about the heroic deeds they represent. After all, these were given only for the battle merit for guys in the trenches.

William

William,

I do plan on keeping them. They will have a good home. I agree with you about the deeds-vs-looks.

:beer: Doc