News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

My first L59

Hmmmm,are you sure? I've got only a "square" screwback but an "S"(different pin) and a "square" pinback!

Micha

Yea, but you've got just every variety of them all. :rolleyes: I'm just saying from a personal market perspective over the past few years, I've seen the screwbacks for sale over the pinbacks at about a 3 to 1 ratio. Not saying they are rare, but the pinbacks aren't floating around out there like the screwbacks are.

Edited by ekhunter

I'm far away of having anything!!!! But I try my best..........My own observations are different to yours-I've seen more pinbacks than screwbacks at the market.But anyway-having all is nearly impossible!

Micha

When you say at the market, do you mean German medal shows, shops, or the market in general? I'm just making my observations from the forums and dealers sites. It's funny how the observations are so different. I was recently telling someone on another forum about the fact that all of the W&L's that I've come across lately were unmarked pinbacks, and he said all that he had been seeing were L/55 marked screwbacks. Weird! Anyway, you do know you have a great advantage over many collector's with your location, and also that uncanny bloodhound like ability to uncover these jewels. And true, having all is nearly impossible, but you've managed to put a pretty good dent in it anyway, and isn't it the very quest to have them all that keeps us all going?:cheers::cheers:

Edited by ekhunter

• 3 weeks later...