News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

The order of the orders on the bar.

Hello;

Anybody else see this bar up for sale? What are your thoughts?

I would think the Peter House order w/swords would be closer to the left. In front of the campaign medals and at least the Centennial medal. Wouldn't it? And the Red Eagle w/o swords would be moved down to the right. Correct?

(For the record. Yes I copied the photo without permission from the owner)

HausOrderPeterBar.doc

Edited by Claudius

You are right if you follow ALL rules............ that means: wartime own state, wartime other states, wartime other countries, peacetime own state, peacetime other states, peacetime other countries....

BUT

in my eyes this bar is completely correct if the owner was a proud prussian, because he mounted ALL of his prussian awards in front of anything else.....it`s ok

This bar is absolutely correct. The owner was W.J.A. von Wedderkop who got the houseorder PFL in 1870 September 6th. After the war he left the state of Oldenburg, to become a civil servant in the prussian railway administration. Unfortunately I was not successful, to get this bar, but I am very happy, to have a good photo for my archive.

Best regards

Kapitular

6812_3.JPG

Dear Kapitular:

Thank you for the information regarding the bar. It is an excellent piece in outstanding condition! It really was a bargain for whoever got it (~$US 3,500).

Best regards,

"SPM"

But did you see the chip on the lower cross arm. Right there on the front?

Still a very nice bar, but this best piece being damaged....

Guest Rick Research

I'm confused by the Mecklenburg-Schwerin medal, which appears to be incorrectly on the previous (that gold grade worn around the neck?) type's ribbon-- but I am way out of my depth this far back.

I don't know if this was a "good" price or not (again, out of my experience) but as a Research Gnome, for me having an ATTRIBUTABLE medal bar makes the recipient's identity more importnat than condition. For an anonymous, un-attributable bar, my feeling is that THEN condition would be primary:

there are lots and lots of Nameless Bars,

but usually there is only ONE of any that can be identified.

So uniqueness has got to have some "points" against appearance.

Guest Rick Research

:Cat-Scratch: The YELLOW in the ribbon threw me into the wrong state, since I can't read what the medal inscription says! :cheers: