News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

C.E Juncker (J1) Pilots Badge

A few new pieces have been coming in and seeing that the school holidays are over, bringing peace once again to the household, I have some time to get around to doing some photography.

So, first up.... a classic by 'C.E Juncker' in the form of their 1st pattern Pilot's badge. This one has the cut-out between the eagle's legs, giving it a more 3D effect than the version without the cut-out... comparison to follow.

Ah ha! The old ?Juncker? Vs the rest debate? As far as pilot?s badges are concerned, I wouldn?t disagree, although I still think that, in their own ways, Juncker & Assmann are on a par.

When it comes to a series, however, my preference is squarely behind the name of Assmann?design, construction, finishing and the pure iconography of their pieces still gives me that extra bit of pleasure, especially the early pieces.

beer.gif

• 1 month later...

I love the early pieces too. Still, my Juncker preference is only an opinion. Early Assmans make a strong statement on their own but when it comes to para badges it's different story---Deumer hands down. Again, just an opinion based on a quality coparison of early badges. Don't throw your Juncker paras in the trash based on my opinion. ;):D

• 3 weeks later...
    Guest martin taylor

As I've been out of the game for a while, I must say I'd forgotten just how wonderful Juncker Pilot and Observers are, especially the early ones. Although I do think that my personal favourite is the Juncker Para.

Apologies for straying a little and pardon my ignorance but on the subject of Gliders, did Deumer make these. I knocked back a Deumer Glider the other year as I thought the catch was too clunky and the ends of the wreath tips were just too far apart. With hindsight I think that may have been a rash decision but just to put my mind to rest, I'd like to ask for your thoughts.

Any views?