News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Opinions on KVK 1st class w/o swords

Fellows,

16 members looked at the cross and no one has an opinion?

Is the cross / case legit?

William

William

I think as the pictures are a bit blurred maybe members don't want to jump in... I don't collect the KvK series myself but I have had a few in my early days and from memory I would say the set-up of yours looks like a Steinhauer & L?ck piece and therefore should be marked '4'. Can you check for sure on the marking?

Another point on the cross is the grey area around the hinge. Again, the picture is not clear enough to see but is this a repair or just tarnishing?

From collecting cased Iron Cross 1st class, I have no issues with the case.

Rich

Hi William,

Regarding your comment about 16 member looking at the post without any opinions. There may have been several like me who are just learning and as yet have no opinion. I offer this today as, believe it or not, I just obtained my first one today! Mine is the 1st class and I'm very excited to have gotten it. :jumping:

I will post it at a later date to get other's and hopefully your opinions.

I'll also keep watching your post to gain as much knowledge as possible .

Cheers :cheers:

Brian

The cross arrived today.

The MM is "4" and the cross looks really sharp. I am not sure what dark area around the hinge base is, my guess is it's original solder as it does not look like there are any repairs to the cross.

I was also able to clean the case (it was dirt) and it looks much better that the pic I posted.

William

I've had a few Steinhauer & L?ck KVK1 over the years and can see nothing to indicate that this cross is not a textbook example. It looks just as it should look, IMHO. I don't know why the vendor misread the MM, though. The incuse '4' stamp is hard but not impossible to read with the naked eye. Perhaps he didn't have a jeweller's loup. Here are a couple of snapshots of one I had a few years ago. You can see that while it is in very good condition, a small ding to a point aside, oxidising solder can just been seen beginning to show through the finish.

PK

Edited by PKeating

I've had a few Steinhauer & L?ck KVK1 over the years and can see nothing to indicate that this cross is not a textbook example. It looks just as it should look, IMHO. I don't know why the vendor misread the MM, though. The incuse '4' stamp is hard but not impossible to read with the naked eye. Perhaps he didn't have a jeweller's loup. Here are a couple of snapshots of one I had a few years ago. You can see that while it is in very good condition, a small ding to a point aside, oxidising solder can just been seen beginning to show through the finish.

PK

I agree looks to have a good quality finish to the award.

Andy