News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Turkish ribbon bar with EK

webr55

• 1 month later...

from turkey my freind baris has bought this medal bar.so called as nick name deermaster-bran.I think he also sold to another collector.very rare item.minature with sword mecid I have never seen.

akin

I am not at all surprised at the price it made and a suspect the eventual purchaser will be delighted. I have never seen a miniature Medjidie with scimitars (considering they were only issued from 1915 in full-size they must be incredibly rare as miniatures, especially to a Turkish recipient and GENUINE scimitars on the full-sized are scarce to say the least (beware of copies)).

All the best,

Paul

Like Paul, I'm not surprised at the price. We've seen a tremendous increase in interest in Turkish awards over the past couple of years, and the willingness to pay strong prices for unusual material. Some are going home to Turkey and some going to Turks living here. I wish I could find more.

Guest Rick Research

I'm just glad you found me Admiral B?ning's medal bar and

large group photo in the days when cat-o-logz came in the Only Kind Of Mail There Was. :cheers:

These together cost me $250 when they arrived at my house 2 March 1990. :rolleyes:

Of course, it cost me 3 times that to get the rest of his group (pinback awards, photo album, presentation pieces from D?nitz etc) from a New York auction house, the 2nd buyer after it all left the late Don Frailey's collection having lost

of all things

the Admiral's ribbon bar :speechless1::violent: in the process

of dividing the intact group. Luckily I was talking to Don on the phone about having gotten the group and made the ID--and he told me where the rest was on sale... later that very day! :Cat-Scratch:

Don had retained a duplicate Werner TWM star and the future-Admiral's framed, signed "I would have voted 'ja' if I could vote" Anschluss ballot. Wonder where those disappeared to-- along with all the rest of his GIGANTIC collection?

Soooooo, if ribbon bars are now $700+, I guess the Rambo of the Tigris-Euphrates Flotilla MUST be "worth" at least 382 billion zink-plated Rumelian plotniks.

:catjava:

• 2 years later...
    • 2 weeks later...

I bid on the recent Turkish bar and lost big time. It was around 70 Euros wiith 10 seconds left, and you know the ending. There was this interesting "Palestine" spange on another bar from the same seller. Lost this one too, but by a smaller margin. :blush:

Does anyone have any opinions to share on this bar or spange?

Thanks

Edited by Mike Constandy

The middle ribbon is the Saxon Ernestine House Order.

But something's not right here: Look at the missing stitches on the left side. I'm quite certain somebody took an original but not very spectacular ribbon bar and sewed a new Iron Half Moon ribbon over the last ribbon - which might have been a plain Hindenburg.

Then the really RARE clasp was added -- most probably to attract the increasing number of Turkish buyers who buy these Ottoman device bars at sometimes insane prices...

shame.gifspeechless.gifspeechless1.gif

Hi Chris,

I was thinking the SEHO as well, but wasn't certain.

I see your point about the 'upgrading', and I agree with you. In your opinion, is the Palestine Augflage original? I have no experience with these, nor nothing to compare with.

Thanks

Edited by Mike Constandy