News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Germans wearing foreign Awards

I am looking for photos of Germans wearing foreign awards and the various methods for wear.

I've seen a few photos of the Turkish War Medal worn on the left breast. Were there regs for these awards? Also, I'd like to see how most of the Bulgarian decorations were worn. I think the only two foreign breast awards I seen in wear are the Turkish War Medal and the Bulgarian Bravery Order.

Hi Charles,

I think so because the regulation about the Turkish War medal : to be wore on the right side of the uniform. I remember one photo of Immelmann wearing his TWM just under his ribbon bar (see in O'Connor tome 3). The regulation is one thing. The officer can do a little like they want, remember they were officers.

Christophe

I suspect Germans wore the Harp Madalyasi 1915-22 (CE) wherever they wanted to. I doubt the issuing authority complained much.

I'm not sure what the Harp Madalyasi 1915-22 is? Can you show a picture.

Here a Prussian Staff officer Kleiner Rock.

Bulgarian Bravery Order IV Class, Grade I on right breast

EKI and Lippe-Detmold Officer's Cross on left breast

HHO on war ribbon original to tunic. All loops original also.

Hussar Rgt 17 cap, can't find a Prussian Generals Staff fieldgrey visor.

Edited by ccj

Hi Charles,

I think so because the regulation about the Turkish War medal : to be wore on the right side of the uniform. I remember one photo of Immelmann wearing his TWM just under his ribbon bar (see in O'Connor tome 3). The regulation is one thing. The officer can do a little like they want, remember they were officers.

Christophe

This photo?

Yes Charles this is this photo.

You have got a beautiful uniform here. It is possible to have a close up of the Lippe cross (for Franz).

You can see in one photo I posted yesterady that the Bulgarian cross is wearging by Mackensen on the left side of the uniform not on the right. I think, not sure, that you may put a TWM on the right side of your uniform and the Bulgarian order on the left.

Regards

Christophe

Interresting thread Charles. Here some photos

Regards

Christophe

Who are those gentlemen? I presume at the middle Falkenhayn.

I also presume The Turkish officer as

a- Yakup Şevki Pasha (General of the Army Subaşı) commander of 15th Turkish AC at Galicia

b- Lt. Col. Yasin Hilmi (commander of 20th Turkish Div.)

Who are those gentlemen? I presume at the middle Falkenhayn.

I also presume The Turkish officer as

a- Yakup Şevki Pasha (General of the Army Subaşı) commander of 15th Turkish AC at Galicia

b- Lt. Col. Yasin Hilmi (commander of 20th Turkish Div.)

Mackenson is left center. The other general I'm not 100% sure. Many Turkish and Austrian officer. Many are Generals Staff officers. I guess the rest would be attached to the staff.

Who can name them all? :unsure: