News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

1939 EKII MM-22

Hi All...

My cross collecting has slowed down considerably now that I have managed to get an example of most of the widely available makers, so now it's a case of hope to get lucky and be in the right place at the right time!

So, up for your perusal is my most recent acquisition, a rather salty '22' - Boerger & Co. EKII. Not one that is seen everyday.

This one is unfortunately suffering from the very early stages of a rust problem on the swastika and a spot on the upper arm. Otherwise a great cross with all paint intact and quite a lot of frosting remaining on the beading.

It has a good clear maker stamp on the suspension ring. The '3' in the '1939' date is quite distinctive and reminds me of the '3's on Godet crosses.

Hope it meets with approval!

All opinions or comments are, as usual, much appreciated.

Regards - Danny

Obverse:

22F.jpg

Reverse:

22B.jpg

Maker mark:

22mm.jpg

Hello

A nice EK, and one of the less common ones as well. :beer: I wouldn't call it 'salty', rather it's a sleeper. It appears to still have all it's frosting intact, and the frames have simply toned over the years. Very nice !

Hi All...

My cross collecting has slowed down considerably now that I have managed to get an example of most of the widely available makers, so now it's a case of hope to get lucky and be in the right place at the right time!

So, up for your perusal is my most recent acquisition, a rather salty '22' - Boerger & Co. EKII. Not one that is seen everyday.

This one is unfortunately suffering from the very early stages of a rust problem on the swastika and a spot on the upper arm. Otherwise a great cross with all paint intact and quite a lot of frosting remaining on the beading.

It has a good clear maker stamp on the suspension ring. The '3' in the '1939' date is quite distinctive and reminds me of the '3's on Godet crosses.

Hope it meets with approval!

All opinions or comments are, as usual, much appreciated.

Regards - Danny

Obverse:

22F.jpg

Reverse:

22B.jpg

Maker mark:

22mm.jpg

Nice details & I like it very much!