News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Grand Cross of the Order of Polonia Restituta

Finally...After three plus years of searching. I now have the last piece for the Order of Polonia Restituta...the Grand Cross. :D Thanks FJP Auctions!!! :jumping:

The Order of Polonia restituta was established by act of Parliament of February 4, 1921.

Awared to: Polish and foreign citizens for merit to the Polish Country and Nation in the field of art and science, industry, agriculture, politics, philantrophy, as well as for the acts of civilian bravery and self-sacrifice. Until 1974, when the Order of Merit was established, it was also a "diplomatic" order awarded to foreign authorities on ceremonial occasions. The order was conferred in five classes: GC, Grand Commander, Commander, Officer and Member.

Badge: white enameled gilt Maltese cross with ball finials. Medallion: white eagle on red background; the blue circle bears the Latin motto: POLONIA RESTITVTA (Poland Restored). Reverse: gilt arms, without enamel; medallion bears the year 1944 on red background. The badges of Officer and Member are of a different size.

:beer: Doc

Edited by Riley1965

The date on the reverse is 1944. I now have all 5 classes of the PRL era. This is my first GC. I'll soon have the GC for Virtuti Militari of the PRL era. I will then have all 5 classes of the VM. :jumping: YES, I'm a very happy man!!! :jumping:

The date on the reverse is 1944. I now have all 5 classes of the PRL era. This is my first GC. I'll soon have the GC for Virtuti Militari of the PRL era. I will then have all 5 classes of the VM. :jumping: YES, I'm a very happy man!!! :jumping:

Tell me / show me more re the VMs please, are they all PRL or have you pre or post PRL awards?

Tell me / show me more re the VMs please, are they all PRL or have you pre or post PRL awards?

I have the 3rd, 4th & 5th Class of the PRL era Polish VM. I'll shortly have the Grand Cross and the Commander's Cross. I have just a couple of payments left.