News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I was looking through some old post on another forum and came across two super long ribbon bars. I am eager to learn if anyone here still owns them and if ID was ever psossible.

Here's the first one, Rick should remember it. "armpit to armpit" :speechless: Whose is it?

Could it really have belonged to Reinhard Thaler, in 1914 Hptm in Telegraphen Btl 6?

Yes, that one was ID'd by Daniel some years ago.

The second bar has already appeared here, I think. It belonged to Generalmajor Hans-Richard Lorenz (1879-1968). His PrKOX was earned in DSWA. He held an additional Medjdie 3rd cl (neck cross).

Is the crown superimposed over the swords represent Crown Order? I thought is was a variation for the HHOx

I can't really tell from the picture, but it seems like it would be largely irrelevant in this case. To have two 1914 EK-type ribbons on a bar, both with gold crown and swords - what else could they be but one of each?

I can't really tell from the picture, but it seems like it would be largely irrelevant in this case. To have two 1914 EK-type ribbons on a bar, both with gold crown and swords - what else could they be but one of each?

Well, if you want to use logic then... :unsure:

I haven't learned the difference between a KOXmK, a RAOXmK, and a HHOX... I'm way behind you guys when it comes to ribbons and abreviations.

Speaking of being behind, what does :catjava: mean? I'm stupid!!! :banger:

The small crown on swords is usually meant to represent a KOX or RAOX, as on this bar:

Thanks, I'm about to search through the ribbon bar device gallery. I wish Rick L would jump back into the ribbon bar article. If he listed 1000 ribbon bars that wouldn't be enough for me...

Guest Rick Research

Thaler and Lorenz are right. :cheers:

Lorenz's bar is an ODD personal fashion choice. You're absolutely right Charles-- a Hohenzollern device SHOULD normally have the crown between the upper blades of the crossed swords rather than sitting astride their middles like a Crown Order X device. If he'd only had ONE instead of BOTH an HOH3X AND a KO4X (for SW Africa) we'd have no clue which was correct.

It's just a trick to make our research lives messier. :speechless1::cheeky:

Tch tch. Cat speak =

:Cat-Scratch: WHAT WAS THAT??? (Now you have full Kitty Attention)

:catjava: = Tha's cool. (Prrrr prrrrr.)