News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Back side...

I have three bars that I can find that have the mini EK on the Prussian ribbon. I'm very happy Rick has posted images of this style in wear during the war. Does anyone have photos of this style device in wear during the war?

Second bar, this is another common bar.

I have three bars that I can find that have the mini EK on the Prussian ribbon. I'm very happy Rick has posted images of this style in wear during the war. Does anyone have photos of this style device in wear during the war?

Third one for a career NCO. I'm I right?

Guest Rick Research

I've been filling in data on Saxons-- that second scan of the 4 bar is a combination that has to be

SV3bX, SA3bX, EK2, SMK because there were NO recipients of an SV3aX with just these ribboned awards--

1 of 11 Leutnants, Oberleutnants, and a medical officer who had this combination. I think they all were dR or dL. Hard to remember scrolling through the entire Saxon officer corps getting down to under a dozen. :rolleyes:

I've been filling in data on Saxons-- that second scan of the 4 bar is a combination that has to be

SV3bX, SA3bX, EK2, SMK because there were NO recipients of an SV3aX with just these ribboned awards--

1 of 11 Leutnants, Oberleutnants, and a medical officer who had this combination. I think they all were dR or dL. Hard to remember scrolling through the entire Saxon officer corps getting down to under a dozen. :rolleyes:

Wow, so it may be possible to narrow the field to les than a dozen? Mybe someday we'll find the one man who wore it.

Here's my single ribbon with mini EK on it. :blush:

:beer: Doc

Ok, I forgot about this one. This makes two ST Heinrichs in my little collection of imperial stuff. I may not have the nice ribbon bar you have Christophe but I do have the medal

Ok, I forgot about this one. This makes two ST Heinrichs in my little collection of imperial stuff. I may not have the nice ribbon bar you have Christophe but I do have the medal

Here's the first one I got years ago, back in the day I could afford this stuff. Its from Detlev before he became so popular that I can't even get connected to his site on update day. I haven't even tried in 3-4 years.

Here's the first one I got years ago, back in the day I could afford this stuff. Its from Detlev before he became so popular that I can't even get connected to his site on update day. I haven't even tried in 3-4 years.

Here's the second on a replacement ribbon that is period, silk... I don't know if you guys remember years ago when a huge stock on period ribbon was offered on WAF but I got this along with other ribbon. It seems too dark for St Henry to me. If not St Henry what?

Chas,

That looks like modern made ribbon for the Victorian "Crimea Medal" to me.

Could be Crimean. It's silk so I don't know when silk ribbon making ended. Was it 30-40s?

Edited by ccj

Charles,

Here is a photo of Feldwebel-Leutnant Hans Melzer from GRR Nr. 100. Look at the ribbon bar and the device on the EK2 ribbon.

He received SV4X on 3.09.1916

SA4X ON 24.05.1916

Christophe

Christophe, I really like that photo. I have a Leibgrenadier 100 tunic for an Unteroffizier with Picklehaube and belt with buckle marked to LGR100 or RR100, ??, can't remember. I'd like to have a couple of nice photos of men from this regiment. If Feldwebel-Leutnent Melzer's ribbon bar had a SMK at the end he would have the same bar as mine.

Now the Crimea.

Mike, is that what it looks like? A Commander St Henry! That would fit perfect in my collection. You are right, its most likely a Crimea ribbon. I like your British group. I too have a Crimea pair with a Indian Mutiny in the group. I've collected British awards and still have most.

Mike, is that what it looks like? A Commander St Henry! That would fit perfect in my collection. You are right, its most likely a Crimea ribbon. I like your British group. I too have a Crimea pair with a Indian Mutiny in the group. I've collected British awards and still have most.

Here a look of two St Henry from my collection.

First one.

IgZuVWBIjgVK.jpg

16OUzVyfe4KK.jpg