News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Arab Free Corps?

Hello Mariner,

The Arab Legion (al-Jaysh al-Arabī) was the regular army of Transjordan and then Jordan, certainly did fight on the allied side.

In 1939, John Bagot Glubb, better known as Glubb Pasha, became the Legion's commander and transformed it into the best trained Arab army.

The Arab Free Corps recruted by the "Grand Mufti" Haj Amin Muhammad Al Husseini was pro Nazi. On April 25th, 1941 Amin Al-Husseini was made chief architect of the Nazi offensive in Bosnia. Amin Al-Husseini takes the title "Protector of Islam".

100,000 Bosnian Muslims joined the Nazi ranks,seeking Nazi approval to establish an autonomous Nazi protectorate for Bosnian Muslims.

Husseini declared Fatwa-Jihad against Britain, so troops of his, or aligned to him almost certainly fought against the British in Iraq

Heinrich Himmler, Head of SS, and close colleague of Amin Al-Husseini, financed and established an Islamic Institute ('Islamische Zentralinstitut') in Dresden under the Mufti. The purpose was to create a generation of Islamic leaders that would continue to use Islam as a carrier for Nazi ideology into the 21st century.

In my post above there is a picture of the Bosnian Muslim Flag Under Amin Al Husseini.

Regards Eddie.

Hi Guys,

Can anyone tell me anything about this unit, or point me in the right direction? Did they fight againest the British in Iraq?

Gordon.

What does the back of the patch look like??

SSG Luna, Lorenzo

Hello Mariner,

The Arab Legion (al-Jaysh al-Arabī) was the regular army of Transjordan and then Jordan, certainly did fight on the allied side.

In 1939, John Bagot Glubb, better known as Glubb Pasha, became the Legion's commander and transformed it into the best trained Arab army.

The Arab Free Corps recruted by the "Grand Mufti" Haj Amin Muhammad Al Husseini was pro Nazi. On April 25th, 1941 Amin Al-Husseini was made chief architect </a>of the Nazi offensive in Bosnia. Amin Al-Husseini takes the title "Protector of Islam".

100,000 Bosnian Muslims joined the Nazi ranks,seeking Nazi approval to establish an autonomous Nazi protectorate for Bosnian Muslims.

Husseini declared Fatwa-Jihad <a href="http://" target="_blank">against Britain, so troops of his, or aligned to him almost certainly fought against the British in Iraq

Heinrich Himmler, Head of SS, and close colleague of Amin Al-Husseini, financed and established an Islamic Institute ('Islamische Zentralinstitut') in Dresden under the Mufti. The purpose was to create a generation of Islamic leaders that would continue to use Islam as a carrier for Nazi ideology into the 21st century.

In my post above there is a picture of the Bosnian Muslim Flag Under Amin Al Husseini.

Regards Eddie.

Thanks for this, Eddie. It is important to separate the two.

The Arab Legion was a British unit, for all intents and purposes, though technically Jordanian.

The Muslim (rarely Arab) units formed in Germany (and Italy) by the Grand Mufti (among others) were unfortunate by-products of a simplistic logical falacy in international relations theory: That the enemy of my enemy is my friend. The Azad Hind Fauj, the Free Burmese Army, and many others during the war fell prey to this sort of thinking.

It is perhaps unfortunate for future events that the Grand Mufti's flirtation with the Nazis discredited his political leadership (while not the brightest bulb in the string, he was the leading prewar Palestinian political symbol/spokesman) when it came to postwar events. It didn't hurt Nasser, Sadat, or others, but the Grand Mufti would be out of the picture postwar, leaving a vacuum that would be years in being filled.

The length to which Germany went over these is amazing. I once had the need to suffer through all the files in records from the Reichsfuhrer-SS trying to concoct an argument that Hitler was the Mahdi.

Edited by Ed_Haynes

The History Channel did a great show on this very topic. If you are really interested, I am sure that this episode can be ordered from their website.

Paul

Thank you for the information, I will be looking for that video to learn more about it.......

Thank you

SSG Luna, Lorenzo