News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

My two ALL Matching German K98k's

Luftwaffe Rules

While I was home I figured I would share my K98k's with you guys here as you appreciate that kind of thing.

The first one is a Vet Bring Back ALL matching K98k with no import stamp of course that I scored at a yard sale a few years back. I went yard saling with my mom and Great Aunt and this one place had ABUNCH of collectable things for sale ie old lunch boxes, old model cars etc. So I figured it wouldnt hurt to ask the gent if he had any WWII items stored away since it appeared as a collectors home. He looked at me and goes "Are you serious?" I said yes sir I collect WWII German items. I put his pad down ran over to his wife and said, "Honey, me and this young man are going to be upstairs." So I followed him upstairs, here on the pool table is this rifle, and in a box a Panzer Assault Badge, party flag, Party Banner, etc. I about freaked out, he gave it all too me for a GOOD price as he was tired of looking at it.

The second one is my Half Kriegs K98k that my Dad bought me back when I was 15 and got me started into collecting. The floor plate and site hood has been replaced but other than that its all matching.

Does anyone know the value of the two in todays market? And also I know the vet bringback has abit of dormant rust on it, is it better to just leave it as is or eventually take it to some one to get rid of that stuff? I would also assume that the 'H' on the stock of the Bringback means Heer correct?

Hope you guys enjoy! All the best, Jon

2001557486497083147_rs.jpg

2001565221812586410_rs.jpg

2001581925334227959_rs.jpg

2001571677552818042_rs.jpg

2005555487079379965_rs.jpg

2005584178070014714_rs.jpg

2005567122005871015_rs.jpg

Nice to have original matching K98s! I have an import non-matched one that I use as a shooter, but no matched one. I don't know what these are going for anymore. You might check some of the gun sites such as gunbroker.com to find the market value.

--Kevin

nice rifles,and i love the yard sale story as well.

Very nice pieces. Matching K98s are not so common anymore. They are not cheap either. Last I heard, they were 600 dollars and higher. This was a few years ago, so who knows now!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

Great rifles. The "H" marking on the stock means Heer. They can allso be found with an "L" for Luftwaffe, and an "M" for Marine. There might allso be other markings, like for the Polizei, but the ones that I have mentioned, are the ones that I have seen.

Snoopy

Edited by Snoopy

• 1 month later...

Hello

Great rifles. The "H" marking on the stock means Heer. They can allso be found with an "L" for Luftwaffe, and an "M" for Marine. There might allso be other markings, like for the Polizei, but the ones that I have mentioned, are the ones that I have seen.

Snoopy

Hello!

You have right.

All the best :cheers:

Nesredep