News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Are there any British medals dealers in the u.s. ?

Are there any good dealers in the US of British medals (as broafly defined)? Not as I know.

FJP Auctions has nice British material at times (especiually nice in their upcoming auction). But, like any auction, they get what they get, Brit-wise.

Otherwise: Usrual (in Canada), Burman (in the UK), Dixon (in the UK), and Liverpool (in the UK). And, then, the auctions, DNW, M & E, and Spink (and others). Auctions for the 'good stuff'.

Here is another one in Canada, he's a good guy.

http://www.vimy.ca/index.html

And Artic Medals, though I have not dealt with him before

http://www.arcticmedals.com/page/page/3727538.htm

Hi cabbell2207,

I agree with Laurence.

I've dealt with both gentlemen and can highly recommend both. "Vimy" does not offer the large number of medals as "Articmedals" but what he has is top notch. I've dealt with Usrual as well, no problems there either.

Now for a good source of South Asian gongs. :banger:

Cheers :cheers:

Brian

• 5 months later...

The following sites are I believe US based but their prices leave my eyes watering but some quality items for all that

1. ebay stores-R&M International

2.emedals

Mike

Hi 4782mje,

I agree with you on the prices being way to high at R&M. I ordered a WW1 1914 Mons Star with the bar, was told the bar was genuine, but when i recieved it turned out to be a copy and not a good one at that. Live and learn :banger:

Hi 4782mje,

I agree with you on the prices being way to high at R&M. I ordered a WW1 1914 Mons Star with the bar, was told the bar was genuine, but when i recieved it turned out to be a copy and not a good one at that. Live and learn :banger:

Dear cabbell2207,

I have bought from emedals, historikorders and Ursual and been happy with the goods however a problem all N.American dealers and indeed the majority of buyers of books I have sold to N.America is that they all think I have a cystal ball and never communicate with me that payment has been received or when goods are dispatched.I have learnt that I have to chase them.I guess life is hectic over there.

Best wishes,

Mike(4782mje)

Since Eugene's recent death, the future of the Ursual operation may be in doubt. This will be a tremendous loss. Frankly, all dealers, regardless of location, seem to have attended the same training course for customer relations with very VERY few exceptions!

My understanding is that Gene Ursual's business will continue to be run by Tanya. Steve Ackley (Ackley Unlimited) (email: Aunltd@aol.com) publishes a periodic list of British and foreign medals. He has been in business for over 20 years and I can highly recommend him. Gunner 1