News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Cloth Para Badge Help

Opinoins, anyone, please! I've had this one for a long time and was never really sure about it being a good one or not. I'd like to get some collector views on this one either way. Thanks!

ERIC

Good morning, Eric

Always a little more difficult to give an opinion on cloth badges from photographs, but if it passes the black light test I would say the design, two colour cotton mix to the reverse and quality of cloth all match up with known originals.

Off to tie down the garden furniture as we're in the midst of a force 8 storm today. :mad:

Thanks guys, appreciate it. Hope you weathered the storm ok JTW! Well Steve, the center leaves appear to meet, but on the upper right part of the wreath there seems to be a leaf missing, hence the appearence of the two halves being mismatched.

ERIC

• 2 weeks later...
    • 1 month later...

that?s right. please show in my topic http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=26417

there are some cloth badges of my collection, and you see how narrowly the thread was sewed. This is 1 opinion, the other is the back.

A piece of material either had stuck behind the most badges or with the thread had sewn, like the national emblem. But not all, perhaps only 70-80% have a piece of material.

The copiers also sometimes used a very thin material that are then, however, rather bad copies.

The most important point is that seals to the embroidery.

Sorry for my bad english....