News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

In the Seven Weeks War of 1866 Oldenburg sided with Prussia and the North German Confederation. In September of that year Grossherzog Nicolaus Friedrich Peter established the Erinnerungsmedaille an den Feldzug 1866.

Here are a couple examples on bars. The 70/71 on the older bar is a gilt bronze replacement, that on the newer bar is also a replacement, but in plain bronze. Considering the lack of a MEZ on the older, I doubt that they were to the same man, although I got the at the same time from Our Man in Porschestadt.

Edited by Tom Y

Hi Tom,

Very nice!

Is the suspension ring on the MEZ original or has it been repaired?

TIA,

David

Thanks, all.

Looks like a repair to me. The original was prolly about twice that size. That's fine, though. The guy cared enough about it to have it fixed.

Very nice bars ! Thanks for showing.

The suspension ring on the MEZ may be original, a very early version. Can you recognize two lines like those on the pic on the outer edge of the ring ?

Regards

CSForrester

Nope, it doesn't have the ridges like yours. It seems to be round stock that was slightly flattened on both sides to match the thickness of the medal.