News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

The Japanese in my collection

Laurence Strong

Paul R asked to see this awhile back. However till lately the weather has been somewhat uncooperative for taking photo's outside. So i took advantage today.

So this is what I have at this point, Mostly what is missing are the more expensive or hard to find items. I hope you enjoy.

My war medals. I am missing the "book end" medals. The "1874 Formosa Expedition War Medal", and the "1941-45 Great East Asia War Medal". Someday I will get them.

Japanese Red Cross

I need the Gold and Silver Merit medal and there are also 2 corporate medals in the set, as well as the womens basic membership medal. The middle womans medal is from the 1904 Sino/russian war with a non regulation label bow attached to it.

Edited by Laurence Strong

I always like to see red cross,

would however advise

you have more missing than you imagine

I've seen 6 different corporate awards

and the gilt come in highlights only and all gilt

and I've seen them on regular, special, & life ribbons

and then there are all the things I have not yet seen

plenty of variations as well

one favorite is in the types of suspensions

plenty of collecting oppertunities await

:rolleyes:

Thanks guys :cheers:

@ redcross

I'm sure there are lots of variants. Pauls book shows the 2 different corporate medals - the Corporate Special Member's Medal and the Corporate Merit Medal. I would be happy with just filling in the holes. :cheers:

The Corporate Special Member's Medal comes in the silver and gold versions, as does the Corporate Merit Medal so that gives you four. You then have the two modern versions which are basically a metal certificate on a wooden background, they are only for Gold Merit Medal and Silver Merit medal. In total you therefore have six corporate types.

You also have the gold special member's medal for individuals as well, it is the same as the normal special medal in aluminium but has the design and rim picked out in gilt.

All of that is before you even start on die variations or different boxes etc !

Larry,

The road never ends !

First, you get all the orders and medals .........

........ then you need to start on the award certificates and the different variations within those.........

..............then you decide you like some of the full dress uniforms cos they are real purrrrty...........

........ then you pick up a few war bonds .... some sake cups...... some badges...........enough unofficial badges you can write a book about them .......

Before you know it there is no more room left in the attic :speechless1:

And finally you decide to kep your eyes open for stuff that looks unusual or has an interesting story behind it. :speechless:

• 2 weeks later...