News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Their parent unit.

Robin, I am sure that it has been asked before but has there/is there any BFC insignia/documents in collections that has been proved to be correct or is this the "Holy grail"

Robin, I am sure that it has been asked before but has there/is there any BFC insignia/documents in collections that has been proved to be correct or is this the "Holy grail"

All I have seen was a period photograph in a reference book. I would love to see a true piece of period militaria from that unit.

All I have seen was a period photograph in a reference book. I would love to see a true piece of period militaria from that unit.

There must be something.........if anyone has anything......anything please show it

Taking this one stage further....has anyone seen any lists of German personel attached to the BFC? There seems to be no shortage of info on the `British` soldiers, but a lack of anything relating to the German ones, except the interpreter, whose name I haven`t got to hand, and the Commanding Officer, again can`t remember his name..sorry.

SS-Hauptsturmf?hrer Hans Werner Roepke.

Arnold Hillen-Ziegfeld.

Obergruppehf?hrer Berger.

At the SS-Pioneer school at Wildermann Kaserne, Dresden.

"Fred" St?rmer, Medical Orderly.

Ropeke relieved of command November 1 1944.

Replaced by: SS-Obersturmf?hrer Dr. Walter K?hlich.

Kevin in Deva. :cheers:

Edited by Kev in Deva

Since this was such a small unit used for mainly propaganda, I wonder what SS-Hauptsturmf?hrer Hans Werner Roepke could have done to have been relieved of command? It sounds like it would have been the perfect "cake" billet.

Seeing as all able-bodied men were needed for the front ;) he probably got sent off to be a real soldier,

He (Roepke) did tell Cooper (a member of the Permanent Staff of the B.F.C.) he was not sorry to be going, probably referring

to the fact that this unit was so ill planned from conception and due to total mismanagement was never going to achieve

anything anyway.

His replacement K?hlich was an ex-officer of the Das Reich division of the Waffen-SS,

whose severe wounds, sustained on the Eastern Front, had left him unfit for active combat duty.

Kevin in Deva. :beer:

Have you seen this on Ebay...

BRITISH FREE CORPS YEOMEN OF VALHALLA Item number: 380003767286

Buy now at ?99.00!!!!!!!!!!!! :speechless1:

Is this book so hard to come by?

I`ve just read the book Jackals of the Reich, if you haven`t read it don`t bother its utter rubbish!!! :rolleyes: