News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Air Technical Personnel Sleeve Insignia w/ document

Dear Hardy,

Correct, the citations were only given for the "awarding" of the gold twist piping which denoted meritorious/exemplary service within that particular specialty. Not all sleeve qulaification insignia were authorized gold twist piping.

Gary B

Gary - do you know the criteria for the award of the Goldkordel zum T?tigkeitsabzeichen?

Was it for hours of service or above and beyond duty or both?

In any case - the first one I have seen (very nice)

Thanks, Hardy

Edited by Naxos

Dear Hardy,

There were, I believe around 4-6 of the specialty patches that were authorized the gold cord. Some insignia will be seen with a gold cord, such as the Flak crew patch, but there was no authorization/order for such modifications to the basic sleeve insignia. Most likely these were unofficial modifications/pieces added by the recipient or some entrepreneurial tailor/business.

Although I do not have my references here with me, I recall the gold cords for the drivers and Air technical patch were for "meritorious performance of duty". What that entails is unknown to me. I would imagine for the driver patch it would entail so many miles or months of accident free driving or maintaining a vechicle in operable condition. Probably something similar for the Air Technical patch, although I really dont know what an Air technical patch is for...maintenence personnel?

The directional finding Flak insignia and sound location Flak insgina were also authorized the gold cord after 1 year of service in those positions or for particpation of downing of an aircraft (a little more concrete criteria).

Hope this helped.

Gary B

Not saying that these are all of them but I have found the following with gold cord;

Fliegertechnisches Personal

gepr?fter Fernschreiber

Kraftfahrer

Flugzeugfunkwart mit Pr?fung B (could be for "C")

Technischer Unteroffizer

Entfernungsmesser

Horcher

Regards

Peter