News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Medal bar and paperwork help needed

hi

I could really do with some help with this little group. I have identified the certificate for the wound badge

and hindenburg cross but that is as far as I can go. I would like to match the remaining documents to

the medals and also find out any information that can be obtained form the militarpas and wehrpas.

Thans in advance and sorry about all the pictures only I am not sure which parts are relevant.

kind regards

andy

Well, the "Landesdenkm?nze 1914-1918" document in post four (4) goes with the last medal on your bar... AND .... it's the first time I've seen the actual document for this medal!!!!!!!!

Post 3 document is for second place cross, Bavarian Military Merit Cross, 3. Klasse mit Schwertern

Guest Rick Research

Document #3 shows his BMVK3X as Infanterist in the Bavarian Guards regiment-- the Infanterie Leib Regiment. Records show he served at the front from 11.10.16 on. Wounded 15.4.18, discharged as a Student 23.12.18.

He was born 2.2.1897 Oberhaselbach Bezirk Passaau, catholic. Called up as a college prep high school graduate 3.4.16. Quite peculiarly he was never commissioned-- which must have meant his parents had insufficient income or else he REFUSED the normal reserve officer path.

Document #5 is for the Austrian WWI Commemorative in 4th place on the bar.

The only one you appear to be missing is for his Iron Cross.

The Wehrpass confirms these awards, though on his Hindenburg (Feldmeister) and 1937 delayed Wound Badge (Oberfeldmeister) he is shown with the rank of a Reichs Labor Corp 2nd Lt and 1st Lt. He must have stayed in the RAD-- so there should be some such entries in his Wehrpass. I see nothing there ofr an RAD long service medal or any WW2 awards.

Somebody should be able to tell when and where and why Dr. Stefan/Stephan Billinger got his Doctorate.

Somebody should be able to tell when and where and why Dr. Stefan/Stephan Billinger got his Doctorate.

Sadly no, can't find him there, I guess this is one of those "invisible" Dr. jur. which were not always required to published a thesis.

BUT - as Google will tell you - what you've got here is the paperwork of the later mayor (Oberb?rgermeister) of Passau, who held this position for many years, at least from 1952 on until 1965.