News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Does anyone know what make and model the Soviet crawler-tractor on these is supposed to represent? I know the Soviets imported a lot of farm machinery from the United States - and that tractor doesn't match anything I'm familiar with from that era of manufacture here in America. Just wondering.

The rarest of the Lenins. I am scared to think what they go for these days.

Paul,

There is a really nice one on the market at this time, for the meagre price of....... $185,000 :speechless:

Here is a better view of the tractor itself.

Marc

Lapa, This specific Tractor Lenin is another one of the awards featured in the McDanie book. Recently, Igor had a lot of awards that appeared in McDaniel book. I am wondering if they were all in the same collection and that person decided to part with his collection. Is it Paul himself?

Paul,

There is a really nice one on the market at this time, for the meagre price of....... $185,000 :speechless:

Here is a better view of the tractor itself.

Marc

I remember when I was collecting Soviet stuff, Igor was strongly urging me to buy the one he had for 2000 dollars. It was too expensive for me at the time, as I could get many medals and orders for that price. :banger:

I think the tractor on these earlier orders may be a caricature of one of the many models of Yuba farm crawler tractors made in Marysville, California by the Ball Tread-Yuba Manufacturing Company between 1918 and 1931. If any of you have a copy of the "Encyclopedia of American Farm Tractors" by C.H.Wendel you can see several pictures of Yubas on pages 285 and 286 which are the only thing in the American-agricultural canon that come close to matching the machine pictured on these early Orders of Lenin. The machine underneath Lenin may be Soviet or European in origin, but in my opinion that would be EXTREMELY unlikely.

Here's the only image of a Yuba that I have:

Edited by Andwwils

By the way,

the above pictured tractor would probably run you around 30,000 USD to 40,000 USD retail if you could find one for sale here in the United States. They aren't exactly common-faire. WWII scrap drives were hard on pre-war machinery.